The Stone Ages
The Paleolithic vs Neolithic Era
- The Paleolithic Era lasted until about 12,000 years ago
- Man survived by hunting animals and gathering plants like roots, berries fruits and leaves.
- People began to hunt in packs which eventually became tribes.
- Weapons for hunting were made of bone and stone.
- The main discovery that marked the end of this time was fire.
- The Neolithic Era began at the end of the Paleolithic era 12,000 years ago.
- Nomads begin to settle
- Man began to change his diet and starts to eat small mammals and grains primarily.
- Agriculture began to take place in settlements.
- The invention of bronze working sparked a new era of stronger more durable weapons and tools.
- The man of the Neolithic era was much more advanced as compared to the Paleolithic.