MP3 Week 9
Week 9 Mission
What a wonderful job you are all doing on your Inventions! You are all working so hard! Because many of you have asked for help adding details to your template such as video and pictures, I have extended the due date for another week. Also, there will be no Invention chats this week! Instead, I'll be having open help time to answer questions and to help you with your submission.
Need help? Questions?
Just enter my chat room anytime during the following times!
No need to message me! Just stop on by!
- Monday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Thursday: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm *different times than other days
- Friday: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm *different times than other days
Final Week's Mission: Try it! Tweak it! Sell it!
The only way to know if an invention works is to test it! Tests will show you what needs to be fixed or changed to make your invention better!
- Show your friends and family your design sketch and prototype. Ask them if they think you need to make any adjustments.
- Write down their suggestions (you can include their suggestions on your template!)
Inventors rarely get an invention right on the first try! Most inventors test and tweak their inventions many times to work out all the kinks so that their solution that can become a real product.
- If you make any changes to your design or prototype, include them!
- Use labels to show what was changed!
How will you convince others to use your invention? Design an ad or commercial to sell it! Think about including:
- What does your invention do?
- How is it different or better from other inventions?
- Who should use it?
- You can write, draw, or make a video for your ad!
*Remember, "Try it", "Tweak it" are not required. You have a greater chance of being a finalist in the Invent It Challenge if you include those steps and you will get extra credit points in Inventions!
Examples: Try it!
Improving the Design Sketch
Testing the Prototype
What do I need to upload to moodle this week?
- Below are 2 different links to the design template in power point form. The 1st link you should be able to open as a power point type right onto the template. The 2nd link you can print out and write and draw on (I deleted the words on the title page so they won't be in your way).
- Use the power points to create your final draft of your template by making any changes you feel you need to make from your rough copy. Feel free to add color, pictures, backgrounds, whatever you want to make you template interesting!
- You can just complete steps 1-4 (title slide, think it slide, explore it slide, & sketch it slide). These steps are required to enter in the Invent It Challenge (if you're interested) and required for full credit in Inventions.
- Or, for a better chance at being a finalist in the Invent It Challenge, include steps 6 & 7 (Try it & Tweak it). These steps are encouraged by me, but not required for full credit in Inventions. However, if you're looking for some extra credit, you can do steps 6 & 7 even if you're not entering your invention in the contest.
- Any questions about the Challenge, click below to be taken directly to the Smithsonian ePals Invent It Challenge website.
*Remember, it may not be possible to build a prototype of your invention and it is not a required step to enter in the Challenge. A good design sketch along with what materials you would use if you could build your invention is fine! Remember, we talked about different ways to make prototypes in chat last week!
*If you want to enter your Invention in the Challenge It Contest, I must have all final submissions by 3/22.
This power point you can open as a power point and type right onto the power point!
This power point you can print out and it has a blank title page so you can write or draw on the template!
Need Help? Need Ideas? Click Below!
Need help? Click the link above for some helpful tips for each step of the Invention Process!
Want to know how the judges will rate your inventions? Click above!
Required to enter in the Invention Challenge: Please print out and complete the parent/home facilitator consent form! Thank you! *Not required if you are not entering your invention in the online Challenge!