February 17, 2017
NEED 2 KNOW
Volunteers and Judges Needed!
When – 3/11/2017
Where: Macon campus of Middle Georgia State University
100 University Pkwy.
Macon, GA 31206
Time: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Positions: T-shirt booth, check-in, hall duty, runners, break down, award ceremonies, t-shirts at award ceremonies, judge check-in help
Judges can sign up at
Upcoming Vanguard Events - Mark Your Calendars
- Thursday, February 23 - SLC/AZ Live Tweet-Up (Rev Coffee) Off Contract Event & Twitter Chat
- Thursday, February 23 - NELC Live Tweet-Up (5 Seasons) Off Contract Event & Twitter Chat
- Saturday, February 25 - EdCamp Fulton (Autrey Mill MS) Off Contract Event
- Friday, March 10 - Bear Creek's Redefining Learning Conference (Langston Hughes HS)
- Friday, June 9 - VanCon (GaTech Hotel & Conference Center) Off Contract Event
- Purchases must be made by March 15 or the funds are recalled from the school.
- Purchases should benefit students, whether directly or indirectly.
- The items belong to Vanguard. If you leave Fulton County, they must be returned.
March Professional Development
The Fulton calendar has Friday, March 10 as a teacher work day and Monday, March 13 as a professional development day.
Because we are asking Vanguard members to attend or present at Bear Creek's Redefining Learning Conference on Friday, March 10, your teacher work day and PD day will be reversed, unless you are attending a different REQUIRED county training.
If you attend/present at Bear Creek's RLC on Friday, March 10th:
- Friday is your PD Day and Monday, March 13 is your teacher work day.
If you do not attend/present at Bear Creek's RLC on Friday, March 10th:
- Friday is your teacher work day and Monday, March 13 you should participate in professional development at your school.
From My Grad School Classes....to You
March 13 - Fulton PD Day
Please use or pass along the information below regarding trainings on Fulton's upcoming PD day. Interested individuals can register in Edivate in the Professional Development Days catalog.
Services for Exceptional Children has a job opening available for an Assistive Technology Support Teacher. It is a teacher contract position and is part of the special education department. The opening can be found on the job opening portal under JobID: 4622. Please forward to any who may be interested. A background in special education is required and the job is open until March 10th.
If you have additional questions, please contact Vanguard member, Gigi Whiteside.
PERSONAL PD: #fcsvanguard Chat
The Coaching Feedback Cycle
Thank you to the duo of CLC lead Chanel Johnson and SLC lead Christian Padgett for hosting last night's Twitter chat. We continued to focus on coaching for this conversation and appreciate all who contributed!
Next week will be hosted by members of the SLC/AZ and there will be TWO LIVE Tweet-Ups! See details below! Hope you can participate!
LIVE TWEET-UPS ON FEBRUARY 23 @ 7:00 PM
Know that you need to participate, but don't know how? Check out our screencast to get some quick tips!
Find all coaching plans, Vanguard expectations and commitment form, Vanguard logos, and team information.