Updates from Newcomb Middle School
September 15, 2022
Dear Newcomb Families,
It is my pleasure to welcome you and your child to Newcomb Middle School. We have had an amazing start to our 2022-2023 school year and are taking time to get to know and make connections with your children. We also want to encourage our parents to be active members of the Newcomb Middle School community and want you to stay informed. We look forward to meeting many of our parents at Back to School Night and other events throughout the year! Thank you for being our "Partners in Learning!"
Ashley B. Walulak, Principal
Picture Day is Here!
Link to order photos online: https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ Use code: EVT3KDJWR
It is easy to pre-order your package online prior to picture day so your child does not have to remember to bring any money or paperwork to school. However, if you don't pre-order online, submitting it to the photographer on picture day is the next best option.
You are invited to attend Newcomb's Back-to-School Night 2022!
Please use the following hyperlink to access the Newcomb Back to School Night Schedule 2022.
Please click the play button below to view a short video regarding what to expect for Back to School Night 2022:
ALL STUDENTS MUST TAKE THE FALL MAP TEST!
STUDENTS WILL BE MAP TESTING NEXT WEEK!
- MATH MAP TESTING: Tuesday, September 20th & Wednesday, September 21st
- ELA MAP TESTING: Thursday, September 22nd & Friday, September 23
- MAKE-UP MAP TESTING: September 26th-30th
Please encourage your child to:
- Try their best to show what they know. Please remember, the MAP test is adaptive and changes according to each child’s ability.
- Take the MAP tests seriously. It is important that we get results specific to your child to plan accordingly and meet their individual needs.
Below is a helpful video for parents to answer any questions you may have about MAP Testing. If you have any further questions, please contact the main office at Newcomb Middle School.
MAP Test: Student Expectations and Helpful Hints
The link below (MAP Test Warm-up) includes a video that has been shared with students during our morning announcements. This video includes helpful hints and guidance so students are aware of what to expect when taking the MAP Test for ELA and Math.
HORNET HUB: Resource for Students and Parents
Important Upcoming Dates & Testing Information
- 16th- School Picture Day
- 19th- Back to School Night @6pm
- 20th-21st- MAP Testing (Math)*
- 22nd-23rd- MAP Testing (ELA)*
- 26th-30th- MAP Make-up Testing
- 28th- Early Dismissal Day (Teacher In-Service)
- 3-7- Week of Respect
- 7th- School Closed for Students (Teacher In-Service Day)
- 8th PTHS Homecoming Football Game
- 10th- School Closed (Columbus Day)
- 12th- Start Strong Testing (Math)*
- 13th- Start Strong Testing (ELA)*
- 14th- Start Strong Testing (Science)*
- 18th- Newcomb Family BINGO Night @ 6pm
- 21st- Coffee and Conversation with Principal Walulak @ 9am
*PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF MAP TESTING AND START STRONG TESTING! (With the NJDOE extension of Start Strong administration dates, we have made an adjustment to administer Start Strong later and moved MAP Testing to earlier dates.)
Show your school spirit and pride!
We want students to be excited about 6th grade and show both their Newcomb Pride and Pemberton Pride often throughout the school year. Our first PBSIS and Character Ed. spirit wear sale has begun and will close on August 30th. Please click on the t-shirt below if interested in ordering Newcomb t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc., and thank you for your support!