Decrease the drinking age
The drinking age Decreasing to 18/19
Should the legal drinking age 21 be decreased to 18/19?
It should be decreased to a younger age than 21. We take on more adult responsibilities at age 18 you can go to a bar and even buy cigarettes at 18 so why not be able to drink at that age to.
The reasons why is should be decreased
- You can get married at 18
- Buy cigarettes at 18
- Taking responsibilities as an adult in college/high school
- Get to drive at 16
- Start taking a major responsibilities at age 18 so why not be able to drink at that age or maybe even 19
30 years of legal drinking age at 21, is it time to change?
More reasons why
- Allowing 18- to 20-year-olds to drink alcohol in regulated environments with supervision would decrease unsafe drinking activity
- Traffic accidents and fatalities are most common among newly-legal drinkers
- 2009 age groups 21-24 had the higher fatalities to drinking and driving
- Changing the age 21 to 18 will lower the standards of the illegal activity to drink before they are suppose to
Some people think it's ok where it is.
- They think it's ok so there own kids won't drink being a teenager
- Teenagers are going to end up doing it anyways
- It will decrease the teens braking the law some what
To wrap up the debate on weather it should be increased or decreased
- Decreased because kids won't brake the law
- With supervision less fatalities
- They won't go behind parents backs and drink