Hemmenway Elem. - May 2022 Edition
A Note From The Principal
Happy May! We only have four more weeks of school left, and it is filled with wonderful events and lots of packing! As I stated in the past Tiger Tales, Hemmenway is being renovated this summer - completely! We will be adding doors to pod in classrooms, all new carpet, all new furniture and new paint. It is going to look like a brand new school! With added security, updated furniture for teacher and student success, and a fresh new environment, we are excited to see what the 22-23 school year brings!
Thank you for a wonderful school year! I will continue to send out information via School Messenger this summer so that everyone is ready for the new school year to begin in August!
Save the Dates
- May 2nd - 6th - Staff Appreciation Week
- May 3rd - Spring Choir Concert (6-7 p.m.)
- May 10th - 3rd - 5th Grade Math STAAR
- May 10th - 1st Grade Field Trip to the Children's Museum
- May 11th - 3rd-5th Grade Reading STAAR
- May 12th - 5th Grade Science STAAR
- May 12th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to the Aquarium
- May 12th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Main Street Theater
- May 13th - 5th Grade End of Year Celebration to Andretti's
- May 17th - 3rd Grade Recorder Concert (6-7 p.m.)
- May 17th - 5th Grade Field Day 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- May 17th - Kindergarten Field Day 1-3 p.m.
- May 18th - 4th Grade Field Day 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- May 18th - 1st Grade Field Day 1-3 p.m.
- May 19th - 3rd Grade Field Day 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- May 19th - 2nd/LIFE Skills Field Day 1-3 p.m.
- May 24th - 5th Grade Recognition at 7 p.m. - Cy-Park HS
- May 25th - Kindergarten Graduation - 9 a.m.
- May 26th - Last Day of School
Notes from the Nurse
Medication Pickup: It's that time of year again...Please make arrangements for yourself or another responsible adult to pick up your child's medication before the end of the school year. Cypress Fairbanks ISD policy does not allow students to transport medicine to and from school. All medicines not picked up by May 26th @ 02:30 PM will be discarded.
Immunizations: Make sure that your child receives any required vaccines prior to the first day of school. You will also need to send the updated shot record to school. Updated shot records can be mailed or faxed to the school. If you are not sure that your child needs an immunization, you can call the clinic and I will review their current shot record and inform you if shots are needed.
Health condition(s) management: All health forms can be accessed at https://www.cfisd.net/Page/1922 for 2022-23 school year. Please contact the school nurse with any concerns about your child’s health.
Reema Khan, RN