January 18, 2019
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, January 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Student Holiday - No School
- Friday, January 25 - Mom Prom
- Friday, February 1 - Father Daughter Dance - tickets go on sale January 18-24
- Wednesday, February 6 - PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
Dance Team News
Redhawk Dance Team (3-5 grade) January Practice Dates: Jan. 18, 25
Change in Drop Off Location for Dance:
Due to the number of students that the dance teams and choirs have this year, we are changing the morning practice drop off location for dance. We will now have drop off in the back by our bus loading zone by the gym from 7:50-8am. Either Miss Devereaux or Mrs. Patel will be at the gym door at that time to let dancers in. For the safety of your children, please do not drop off students unless the door is opened and you see one of us. It would be unsafe to drop your students without a dance teacher present. This means no early drop-offs and the door will be closing at 8:00 am for practice to begin. The gym door is for dance team members only. Choir students enter through the door closest to the Art Room when Mr. Stabe is present.
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars pictured below:
This Spring, the Art Club will be meeting once a month (instead of weekly) on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:35am. Drop off will be the same at door #4.
Congratulations to this year's candidates that were selected for judging in the Rodeo Show:
Emma Godwin 5th grade"Rodeo Fun"
Jackson Day 5 grade"The Orange Beast"
Adelle Kenyan 2nd grade"Juicy Spikes"
Alegria Hepford 2nd grade"Over Heated Houston"
Jafar Homsi 3rd grade"Western Sunset"
All five entries will be recognized with ribbons.
Hey Redhawk families! Author Barbara O'Connor is visiting students in Grades 3-5 on February 4th!!! Students may buy one of her books online, at Barnes and Noble or Half Price Books and bring it to the library for autographing. All books are due to the library with the autograph form by February 1st! Get ready to be amazed!
Attention all Rennell families! All Redhawk students are invited to... the Bookworm Book Festival!!! Come meet authors like: David Shannon, Ame Dyckman, Vasthi Harrison, Lita Judge, David Ezra Stein, Julia Sarcone Roach, and Katie Yamasaki! Its a free event sponsored by Blue Willow book store and Cy-Fair ISD! Doors open at 9:30 and events begin at 10 am on February 2, 2019 at Jersey Village High School! The address is 7600 Solomon St., Jersey Village, TX 77040. Prepare to be amazed! More info available on Facebook or Twitter @Bookworm Houston
Federal Report Cards
Federal Report Cards for the state, the district, and each of the district’s campuses are now available on the district’s website at this link:
· Select a campus
· Select 2017-18 school year
· Click Filter
· Select Federal School Report Card
Information on these report cards includes:
· Part I: General Description of the Texas State Accountability System
· Part II: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level
· Part III: Academic Growth and Graduation Rate
· Part IV: English Language Proficiency
· Part V: School Quality or Student Success
· Part VI: Goal Meeting Status
· Part VII: STAAR Participation
· Part VIII: Civil Rights Data
· Part IX: Teacher Quality Data
· Part X: Per-pupil Expenditure
· Part XI: STAAR Alternate 2 Participation
· Part XII: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
· Part XIII: Cohort Rate of Graduates Enrolled in Postsecondary Education
If you are unable to access the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact Terri Carreon at 281-213-1540 to set up an appointment with a team member.
Yearbooks are on Sale!
To Purchase your 2018-2019 Yearbook please go to: