Insiders Info: Whistler Blackcomb
Ten Tips from Aussies Love BC
1. What’s the first thing visitors should do when they arrive at Whistler?
Check-in to Snow School sales in the Carleton Lodge to sign lesson waiver, pick up child safety vouchers and collect lesson vouchers so they’re ready for the next morning; get rentals then too; less stress by doing evening the evening before.
2. What are your picks for re-fueling on the mountain?
Chic Pea for cinnamon buns, flatbread pizzas; Crystal Hut for waffles; Steeps or Christine’s for relaxing, high-end lunch.
3. Where can you find the best coffee? You know, Australian-style coffee ; )
Lift Coffee Company (beside Whistler Village Gondola). Purebread.
4. Can you name some unique or unusual off-mountain activities to try?
Ziplining, Callaghan Biathlon, Bobsled/Skeleton, Tree Top Adventures, Dog Sledding.
5. Apres-Time: Where should they head to straight off the mountain?
GLC, Dusty’s, Merlin’s, or Longhorn Saloon.
6. What are the ‘unmissable’ Dining venues in Whistler?
Araxi, Rim Rock Café, Bearfoot Bistro, Trattoria.
7. Any insider ‘logistics tips’ to make the vacation even more enjoyable?
www.whistler.com/events - Whistler offers a non-stop lineup of events. There's something for everyone including the Fire & Ice Show every Sunday night during Winter and Family après at Whistler Olympic Plaza every Monday and Wednesday.
8. Where do Aussies tend to hang out at the moment?
EVERYWHERE! They’ll greet from behind the till when you order your morning coffee, as you sit on the lift from the lift control room, and at the end of the ski day when you order your drink from behind the bar at our hopping après joints.
9. What’s something brand new we can tell some of your guests who come every year, and already know and love Whistler?
Whistler Village Gondola Upgrade: The new “Diamond” level walk-in cabins with all eight passengers able to sit comfortably on bench seating with greater loading efficiency.
10. What’s the ultimate souvenir of Whistler?
Whistler Ice Wine, locally made goods and souvenirs from Skitch.