Education for All
Women's Education in Developing Countries
- Roughly 70 million children all over the world are not getting an education and girls make up 60% of that (Alter).
- Pakistan is one of the most prominent cases of a country struggling to modernize ("Women, Girls and Malala: Research on Gender and Education in Pakistan and Beyond).
- Tanzania is the 172nd poorest country and cannot afford schooling ("Women's Education Slows Population Growth").
- Certain religions don't value women and don't see the importance of them getting an education
- Many young girls in Tanzania are not receiving an education because they are being forced into marriages and having children (Women's Education Slows Population Growth").
- Many families don't see the importance of women getting educated so they send the oldest, healthiest male child instead (Alter).
Effects on Broader World
There are many positive impacts of women having an education such as:
- Benefits future of family
- Children are educated and gets family out of poverty
- Prevents women getting infected with STD's
- Slows population growth