Writers of fiction
- It was a war fought between England and the American Colonies for the independence of the Colonies
- at the end the Colonies defeated England and won their independence
- During that time period their were several famous authors including Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere, Thomas Paine, etc.
- Many writings of the time are written from battlefronts or from a perspective of the revolutionary
- Paine was an avid patriot and wrote some of the most stirring pieces of that time period
- In 1776 he wrote "Common Sense" a piece in which consisted on the idea of American independence from england
- He also wrote the "Crisis Papers" which spoke out against loyalists and inspired the colonist to continue fighting.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Paul Revere was immortalized in the Henry W. Longfellow poem "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere," for bearing news of an impending British invasion to the town of Lexington, Massachusetts, a hotbed of radical activity.