Moreau Heights Elementary
Moreau Heights is a collaborative community focused on student growth with a commitment to excellence.
This week we will continue our lessons focusing on the Zones of Regulation. This will allow us to work on self-regulation skills, using the same strategies Kelli has been working on with students. Doug and Kelli will get you any additional materials you need for lessons.
- Taking time to discuss and use these will help with student identification of level of emotions AND strategies to use to help themselves. Taking time in specials and in grade level classrooms will assist with consistent language and supports across settings.
- Talking with students about a "safe place" in your classroom to use when feeling a strong emotion is needed at this time as well. Remember, the "safe place" is not the safe seat.
The lessons/activities will take about 20 minutes each. Thank you for investing in our students with these lessons!
Thank you for continuing to reinforce our basic PBS expectations with positive, specific feedback and Charger Cash OR practice and a chance to fix it. We want to remember to highlight what we want to see more of, so keep the 4:1 in mind!
"You are a giant, yellow highlighter. Highlight behavior you want more of, and help children become aware of the many kind and helpful things they do each day."
Conscious Discipline - Brain Start Smart
The videos this week are focused on Unity and the Brain Start Smart. The first video is about the Language of Unity from Becky Bailey and is a MUST WATCH to reflect on our language.
I welcome any videos of breathing practices or Brain Start Smarts in your classroom! We love to showcase the great things happening in our Charger classrooms.
"Children cannot develop healthy self-regulatory skills unless they see adults consistently addressing their emotions in healthy ways."
Character Trait for October is Responsibility
Duties for the Week
Calendar of Events
October 23 - 27 Red Ribbon Week
Monday, October 23
*Fleming parent mtg 8:30
*Earthquake drill talk thru
*SSTs with Boeckman 11:00
*SST with Reece 2:00
*Leadership Team mtg 3:30
Tuesday, October 24
*Flu Clinic for student 9:00 - 10:30
*Earthquake drill 10:45
*Parent mtg for MG 1:15
*PBS team mtg 3:30
Wednesday, October 25
*SSTs with Day 8:30
*Fire Safety Trailer for K and 1 9:00 - 11:00
*Fundraiser Pick-Up 5-6
*Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30 - 7:30
Thursday, October 26
*ICLE Coach to work with teams during Collab time on CIR for engagement
*Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30 - 7:30
Friday, October 27
*Earned Day off!
Monday, October 30
*Problem Solving Team 3:30
Tuesday, October 31
*Classroom Fall Celebrations 1:45
Wednesday, November 1
*Sue at District Admin Mtg 9 - 11:30
*IEP for DW (Treat, James, Boeckman) 11:00
*Staffing for AM (James, Humphreys, Haugen, Bray, OT, Connelly, Biermann, PT) 2:00
*Staff meeting 3:45
Thursday, November 2
*Picture Retakes (no schedule, will call for students)
*Sue at BOE for Go Math Webinar 8 - 12
Friday, November 3
*For REAL - there is NOTHING special currently scheduled for this day!
The posting window closes at 7:00 am on Tuesday, October 24. Please do not wait until the 24th. You will have time to look over your grade cards for any errors before conferences if they are posted and printed earlier. It is a lot easier to make changes to the grade cards while the window is still open than when the window is closed!
If you get your grade cards and notice something that looks missing on special class sections, please see Matt, Jennifer, or Karen. They cannot check grade cards once they enter items and so they count on you to look those over for them.
Please keep in mind, beginning on about Thursday, October 19, the office copier needs to be for printing grade cards. Please use the workroom copier between October 19 and 25.
*Grades 1-5 are required to have letter grades EVERY Quarter and standards rankings for core classes.
*Kindergarten is entirely standards based.
Preparing for Conferences
2. If you would like to have a copy of a student's behavior report to show minors across settings, please let me know. We can easily print these for you to share at conferences.
3. If you would like for Kelli Holtmeyer or I to sit in on a conference, please let us know. We will work to keep our schedules open and fill as people submit requests.
1. If you need tools for use at your Safe Place, please come see me. I have some available in my office.
2. Parent-Teacher Conferences are next week. Please be sure to get a copy of your schedule to Lyvie with directions about how you want to handle reschedules.
If we have parents contact the office about needing to reschedule prior to the conference. Do you prefer her to reschedule for you if needed, or do you prefer to contact parents to reschedule if needed.
Making the most of classroom restroom breaks!
2. Thank you for pulling together to support our students who need a place to "cool off" and reflect. The support your provide your colleagues and me is GREATLY appreciated!