Nola K. Wilson Newsletter
December 10, 2021
Boton disponible de traductor en la esquina derecha de la carta
Please scroll all the way to the bottom so you don’t miss any information or activities
Upcoming events at a glance
Monday, December 13 -
- Santa Claus is coming to town - wear red shirt and Santa hats
- Christmas in Whoville - 4-6pm @ Crandall HS/Combine Community Library
- Wilson School Spelling Bee
- Polar Express at Wilson - wear your favorite school appropriate pajamas
- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Wilson Talent Show 3rd-6th (parents welcome to attend)
- Class Holiday Parties @ 2:45 pm (parents allowed)
- Wear your favorite holiday shirt
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Jingle Bell Run (see schedule below)
- Wear jingle bells
- Early Release day - 12:45 pm
Did you know we have a school elf named Wilson. Ask your student about him?
Please help us plan by completing this form and expedite your arrival:
-Class Christmas parties will be on Thursday 12/16 at 2:45.
-Student's may wear their favorite holiday shirt with dress code bottoms!
-If you have visited our campus this school year then you may pick up a pre-printed visitor sticker by the cafeteria doors on party day.
-If you are not sure if your ID is saved in our system or have not visited us this school year, then you may stop by the front office at anytime prior to party day to get your ID scanned.
-If you are not able to stop by our campus before 12/16, we will be scanning all visitors in as quickly as possible.
Jingle Bell Run - Friday - December 17
A Note from the Music Teacher
Happy Holidays Parents and Guardians!
When we return from the break, we will be learning the recorder in 3rd - 5th grade, and soprano ukulele in 6th grade. We will be taking orders for recorders starting the week we return, and orders will be due the 13th of January.
Recorders are required for all students in 3rd -5th grade, they will be $6.00. If you would like to get a jump start on the new year, recorders make great stocking stuffers. The recorders we will be ordering in January are the Yamaha YRS-24B Soprano Recorders. You can purchase one online or at a music store.
Soprano ukuleles are not a requirement for students to have. I do have 24 instruments that the district purchased for student use, however because of the class size some of the students must share instruments. If your 6th grader is interested in having their own soprano ukulele, you can find them for a reasonable price on Amazon or at any music store.
Gifted and Talented Program - Open Referral
Career Day Participants Wanted
Nola K Wilson Elementary will host a Career Day on Thursday, February 3, 2021. The purpose of Career Day is to expose students to a variety of careers in order to motivate them to start thinking about their future goals. By preparing early, students become more inspired to be college and career ready after high school graduation. All students in our school will participate and are always excited about this event. However, we cannot do it without you!
Our Career Day activities will run from 1:00 to 3:00. We need volunteers to give 7-12 minute presentations during this time. Presenters may bring engaging props or visuals or technology needed to help facilitate the presentation. And be prepared to answer questions from our overly excited, inquisitive students!
If you are interested in volunteering, please click on the link and complete the form. We will contact you with more information at a later date. We certainly look forward to hearing from you.
or manual form:
Career Day Committee
Please note district policy (Student Handbook p. 87) which states:
- Identification cards must be visibly worn around the neck at all times while on school property. All students must wear identification cards to ride buses. The district may charge a $5 fee for replacement or damaged badges.
- The embedded code ID badges that we received at the beginning of the school year from the Transportation Department, are the only official student ID badge for our district.
- Please make sure each of your students is wearing their official badge daily. If they do not have one, please notify parents that $5.00 is needed and send them to the front office for a new one. Students not wearing an official ID badge are considered out of dress code per policy.
- Additional, at the end of each day, please ensure the bus riders have their badges around their neck as they exit the classroom and when they line up in their bus line. Campus staff should make sure the student’s badge is visible and accessible as they board the bus to expedite efficient loading and decrease wait time in the bus loop.