Wildcat Family News
December 2021 Edition
December Wildcat Student of the Month
Great job, Christine!
NHS Induction Ceremony
- Benjamin Almeida
- Sydney Arsenault
- Madison Benson
- Sarah Carney
- Jenna Carreiro
- Alora DaFonseca
- Kyra Ferreira
- Abigail Gaudreau
- Jessica George
- Nathaniel Gifford
- Anna Gillet
- Marissa Hazel
- Raurie Laliberte
- Megan Leuvelink
- Laura Martel
- James McMahon
- Liam Molloy
- Alexander Pacheco
- Gabriel Pacheco
- Gwenyth Pichette
- Lily Pichette
- Abigail Silvia
- Jesse Skov
- Domanick Vitorino
- Christopher Wilson
- Jayden Zuber
The NHS officers for the 2021-2022 school year are:
President - Kyra Ferreira
Vice-President - Marissa Hazel
Jenna Carreiro - Secretary
Abby Gaudreau - Treasurer
Jessica George - Historian
Congratulations to all new inductees and NHS officers!
Westport's Got Talent Show
After School Pick Up
Music Boosters Updates
Congratulations to our music staff and band/chorus students for their wonderful
holiday performances. The enthusiastic support of our parents, family and friends
was appreciated so much!
Our fundraiser, "Ornament---An Evening of Music of the Trans Siberian Orchestra"
has been postponed until Friday, January 7 at 7:00 PM at the new school
auditorium. Tickets are still available at $12 adults and $10 students/seniors.
They can be purchased at the door, online at www.ornamentband.com, or by
sending a check to Westport Music Boosters, PO. Box N105, Westport, MA 02790.
Checks and online sale tickets can be picked up the night of the show.
Please note: All tickets that had been purchased for Dec. 10 will be honored for
the show on January 7. If you have purchased tickets and are unable to attend
the rescheduled date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to
arrange a refund.
Many thanks go to our middle school band director, Chris Nunes for once again
bringing this amazing show to us. *Please note: All audience members must wear
a mask, regardless of vaccination status at all school events.
On behalf of the Westport Music Boosters, music staff, and students, we wish you
a happy and above all, healthy holiday season!
The WMHS administrative team has been collaborating with Westport Police regarding ALICE protocol implementation.
ALICE is the original civilian response to an active shooter event. ALICE Training provides preparation and a plan for individuals and organizations on how to more proactively handle the threat of an aggressive intruder or active shooter event. ALICE Training option-based tactics have become the accepted response, versus the traditional “lockdown only” approach.
All WMHS staff will take the ALICE Basic Certification eLearning course to be completed during the January 3rd Staff Meeting. Assemblies for WMHS students will take place that day as well.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Sean Persico, Westport Middle School Assistant Principal at email@example.com.
Semester 1 Final Exams
Monday, January 24th
- First block - B block final exam
- Second block - C block final exam
- Third block - D block review period
- Fourth block - A block review period
Tuesday, January 25th
- First block - A block final exam
- Second block - D block final exam **
**Students can be dismissed after the second final exam period at 11:04 AM on Tuesday, January 25th if they turn in their final exam dismissal permission slip by Wednesday, January 19th. Bus transportation will not be provided for this optional dismissal. Students can pick up the final exam permission slip at the Main Office beginning Monday, January 3rd.
End of Quarter 2 and Start of Semester 2
Semester 2 begins on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Students will be reminded to check the Community Portal for their new schedules before that date.
WHS January Informational Forum
Upcoming January Event List
- ALICE Student Assembly - Monday, January 3rd during first block, all high school students will participate in a student assembly focused on ALICE training to prepare for future ALICE drills.
- NO SCHOOL - Monday, January 17th due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- School Council - The next School Council meeting is Thursday, January 20th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the School Council.
- Semester 1 Final Exams - The Semester 1 final exams will be Monday, January 24th and Tuesday, January 25th.
- Semester 2 Begins - The first day of Semester 2 is Wednesday, January 26th. Students will be reminded to check the Community Portal for their Semester 2 schedule before this date.
- Early Release Day - Thursday, January 27th is an early release day for students due to staff professional development. Students will be dismissed at 11:00 AM and lunch will not be served.