The Trees Study.
Our Laura Numeroff class is beginning to study trees. We'll be observing and comparing trees to learn about what lives in them, what they're made from, and who cares for them. We hope that this sudy will help children explore and appreciate nature. As we study trees, we will use literacy, math and the arts to explore the topic in depth. Please visit the classroom during the study to see how we do this. If you are able to take a "Tree Walk" with your child, we would appreciate your help in collecting tree parts to investigate. If you can, please take a bag to a tree area and collect things that have fallen, such as leaves, bark, acorns, twings, flowers, fruit, or cones.
(week 1) We will focus on: Trees of different sizes, shapes and colors.
(Week 2) We will focus on: What lives in them? Animals who lives in the tree.
(Week 3) We will focus on: What food comes from trees?
(Week 4) We will focus on: How do trees change?
- We will listens to and discuss books that are related to our study.
- We will still sing our favorite songs and Autum songs.
- We will go on the buggy walks and we are going to explore the trees on our neighbordhood.
- Children will create and decorate their own trees artwork to hang on our bulletin board.
- Children and families will be encourage to take a "tree walk" and collect things from the trees.
What You Can Do at Home:
You can help your child explore and appreciate nature by learning about trees.
- Invite your child to talk about trees.
- Share stories about your favorite childhood memories involving trees and games you might have played around them.
- Wonder aloud with your child to encourage his or her thinking about trees.
- Read your child a book relating to our weekly study. (Please remember we have a LN Lending Library).
- Sing songs and finger plays with your child. Visit our classroom to see which songs we are singing each week in school! We will also be sending copies of our favorites home!
- Review the photos we send home and ask to your child about the pictures.
Upcoming Events / School Closing :
- October 3rd & 12th: Noah's Ark Closed.
- October 13th: 9:15am HP Fire Dept. visit for fire Prevention Week.
- October 26th: Picture Day.
- October 31st: Drees Up Day. The parede will be at 2:00 pm after the parede will have our special snack. (Please keep on mind the superhereos are not allow in the school.
- Birthday Parties: Please inform the teacher when you would like to celebrate your child's birthday. Keep in mind that we are a "Peanut" Free School and any store bought item must have Ingredients and say Peanut Free on the package. We prefer that you don't bring in Cupcakes and sugary snacks. Some healthier alternative suggestions are: Fruits, Yogurt, Applesauce, & muffins. Thank You! Goodie bags are also welcome but please ensure to refrain from including items that may contain peanuts. Also, please include age appropriate items in them. The best time for our class to celebrate birthdays is during afternoon snack at 2:40pm.
- Clothing: Please send in two appropriate outfits as the weather changes. Please ensure that your child's outfits and belongings are labeled. These may be left in your child's cubby. When clothing is sent home, it is important you send clean item /items the next day.
- Mailbox: The teachers / staff will send things home in your child's mailbox. Please empty your child's mailbox daily.
- Daily Sheet: Thank you for your patience as we continue to learn and utilize our new daily reporting system: "Brightwheel". Please be sure to check your email daily to review your child's report. This report will provide you with information in regards to your child's diaper changes, meal times, activities, and include special photos for you to see what your child is doing during our day together! Please note that we no longer provide paper daily sheets as we are working on "going green".
Please feel free to contact us if you should have any other questions. We look forward to a wonderful school year!
Miss. Ari & Miss. Crystal.