By: Kendra Reen
Why you have to be a certain age to get a job?
- To serve alcohol at a bar you have to be at least 16
- To join Arm and Forces under the age of 18 you will need to get both parents permission
- For babysitting you can be any age, apart from Northern Ireland where you have to be 13 years of age.
Times you can't work at the age of 16
- You can not work before 7 A.M or after 7 P.M
- During school hours on any school day
- For more than two hours on a school weekday, or for more than 12 hours in any week (unless you’re on school holidays)
- For more than eight hours on Saturdays and holidays (two hours on Sundays)
- For more than 35 hours a week during the holidays
What You Need to Know to Get a Job
- If you get a job then you need to know the federal law
- If you are 16 or 17 you can not work the cash register.
- you have to have an application
I wanted to research this topic because I want to get a job. I want to start saving up for collage. I also want to start buying items for myself because I want to be responsible. I don't like when my parents don't let me pay them back for something they bought me, but I somehow manage to pay them back.