PCLS Learning & Teaching Update
April 10, 2016
PCLS Weekly News
- Forward complete set of signed handbook contracts to Sindy by Friday, 4.15.16
- Please Read: PCLS PARCC Logistics Memo for what to expect with testing
- Faculty Meeting - Monday, 4.11.16, 3:30 - 4:30, cafeteria
- Read-a-thon & Reading Week this week
- PARCC begins Tuesday, April 26 after break
Re-Teaching Expectations After Break
Teaching expectations, modeling, and re-teaching are strength areas of PCLS practice. There are excellent models throughout your classrooms of how you do this every day.
One of the key ideas in Responsive Classroom is the importance of teaching and reteaching expectations throughout the year, especially after breaks or holidays. With only 8 weeks left of school after April break, students are even more likely to forget, or push the bounds of, our expectations. At our Monday Faculty Meeting, we'll do some thinking together about how to support each other in re-teaching and re-establishing expectations. See below for some "seen around Cuffee" examples (there are TONS more), and some resources.
A check in on how students are doing with the important rules - student selected!
Student created examples
Our school rules with student examples in pictures.
Explicit examples of school rules
The class developed examples of our rules, and then signed to indicate their agreement
Share what you're thinking!
Add your thoughts in the Comments section below.