CSA Lincoln- Important Updates!
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We have a couple of updates and announcements.
- Practice started this week. They practice after school on Monday and Wednesday until 4:15 p.m. Sign-ups close Sunday, September 24th. You can contact the Foundation For Youth to register at 812-348-4558 or you can click the links above for more information about each program and register online.
Wednesday, September 20th- Bus riders / Car Line
- On Wednesday afternoon, we will practice our transportation plan that we will be using on Thursday. Buses will go through the car line first. We just wanted you to be aware that you will be seeing buses in the car line.
Thursday, September 21st- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- We hope you will join us for this wonderful event! Many students will be involved with student-led tours, project presentations, memorabilia exhibits and the formal ceremony. The invite below has the details. See you Thursday!
- 5th Street will be closed between Pearl St. and Chestnut St. between 8-4 p.m. for the event. This will not impact morning arrival. It will have a minimal impact on our after school car/bus dismissal. Both the buses (they will go first) and cars will use the car line (see directions here) and MUST turn EAST onto 5th Street to depart.
School Fundraiser Update
- Thursday is not just the big day for the 50th Anniversary Celebration, but it is also when all money is due for the fundraiser. We are only $800 away from achieving our school goal of raising $6,000. Three classes have already met their class goal ($500)! They will be getting a CSA Lincoln window decal. Mr. Shipley (6th grade) has been promoting a dodgeball tournament for any 5th-6th grade class that met their class goal. He is extending that invitation to any 4th grade class. Please remember that is not required to participate in the school fundraiser. Class totals are below.
Class Goal ($500)
Ms. Brill- $91
Mr. Wright- $151
Miss Manuel- $205
Miss Moore- $209.66
Mrs. Roberts- $216
Mrs. Aldrich- $270.10
Mrs. Biehle- $294
Mrs. Newton- $317.00
Mr. Shipley- $334.14
Miss Deyerling- $394.00
Mrs. Cash- $449.65
Miss Cook- $608.27
Mr. Sterling- $743.61
Miss Fenske- $842.62
Friday Fun Run!
- Don't forget to sign your children up for the Fun Run on Friday! Be sure to list CSA Lincoln as the school. The school with the highest percentage of participants can earn $500 towards athletic equipment. I signed Calvin up today and can't wait! Here is a flyer with more information.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Husky Gram Winners
Perfect Attendance Contest
When: September 18th- December 15th
What: Perfect Attendance means 100% of the time the student is present. This means no appointment, no tardies, and no early dismissals.
*Students with perfect attendance will be eligible to receive a special prize.
Book Fair will be September 25th-28th
Book Fair Open from-
- Mon-Wed: 8-4:30
- Thurs: 8-2:00
BCSF - Harlem Wizards Information
Are you ready to have some fun with the Harlem Wizards, WNBA's Tamika Catchings, Dr. Roberts and the BCSF "Stars" team made up of BCSC administrators, teachers and special guests, including Mr. Findley. The fun begins at Columbus North Memorial Gym, located at 1400 25th Street Sun - Nov 5, 2017 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Doors open at 1:00 pm. The evening promises to be a fun filled event that is great for kids and adults and guarantees to put a smile on your face! This event is hosted by The Bartholomew Consolidated School Foundation ( BCSF). At a Wizards’ game, fans will witness amazing basketball talent combined with hilarious comedy. It’s two hours of family time where parents, grandparents, and kids can all laugh together. When you’re in the stands, you’re more than a spectator; you’re part of the show with loads of audience participation. The experience can only be summed up in two words: Awe-Inspiring!
Get your tickets online today https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/109317 or in person at the BCSC Administration Building or Viewpoint Books - 548 Washington St., Columbus.
Thank you to Heritage Automotive Sales in Columbus and Hotel Indigo for their sponsorship for this BCSF community event to support our BCSC teachers and students!
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley