Building Our Future-Ready Skills
Technological opportunities to help you grow! @MVeLearn
May 1, 2019
Susan Wezet - Design Thinking
Jillian Wilson - Strawbee Design Challenge
"Fueling creative play is one of the most important things we can do to prepare children for the future. It develops valuable 21st century skills and prepares kids to be next-generation innovators." http://imagination.org/why-creativity/power-of-creative-play/
The Global Day of Design is one-day that focuses on using the Design Thinking process in school. Our goal for the Global Day of Design is to inspire a transformation in schools around the world to incorporate design thinking into everyday practice with our students from all levels, ages, and subjects.
Go to the GlobalDayOfDesign.com and get access to 20+ FREE design challenges that you can use or tweak/modify. Enter your details into the form at the bottom of this post and receive a Design Challenge for FREE.
You can also fill out this Google Form to include your class/school and students in the official count for The Global Day of Design.
Students will be able to use the design challenges and maker projects on GlobalDayOfDesign.com to create all kinds of things. Some of the design challenges include:
- Underground Civilization: Maker Challenge: Invent Your Own Underground Civilization (video)
- University of Arkansas: STEM Design Challenges Based on Children’s Books (Great for K-5)
- Stanford d.school: Back to KG???!!! – Middle-school students rediscover the fun they had in kindergarten
- Flappy Bird Generator: Make Your Own Flappy Bird Game (FREE)
- Drone Delivery: Maker Challenge: Don’t Break IT – Drone Design (with video overview)
- Stanford d.school: The Special Olympics – Students develop a sense of empathy for people in the Special Olympics
- Design Challenge: Invent Your Own Sport
- Tiny House Challenge: Maker Challenge: Design the Ultimate Tiny House (with video)
- MARS Challenge: Maker Challenge: Students Design their Own School on Mars (with video)
- Stanford d.school: The Classroom Redesign Project – Students redesign a classroom
- And More on GlobalDayOfDesign.com