Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
February 8 - 12, 2016
- If you'd like to buy a framed/signed cast-paper flower (made by your child), please send in your $10 donation w/child's name. All donations go to: Greenhouse Fund.
- Friday's spirit day is "Red and White Day"! By wearing these colors, you'll be showing your school spirit! Go Terriers!
- Our class Valentine's Day Party will take place from 1:15-2:15 this Friday, Feb. 12th. If you'd like to help with or donate to the party, please contact Becky Caulfield
(@ 820-3802 or email@example.com).A note was sent home regarding valentines, the note has a student roster and guidelines for the valentines. Bringing in valentines is optional.
- Our next Genius Hour will take place this Wed., Feb. 10th. Be sure to ask your child about their driving question and project!
- KidBlog: Your post and 2 comments are due by Fri., Feb. 12th. Over our break I will be doing a fun (optional) post. :)
- There will NOT be a spelling test this week.
- Each of our students now has a "Think Through Math" account. This online math program is awesome, it adjusts to your child's current math skills, and works to strengthen them. Your child received a letter and log-in card for their account. Mr. Frakes and I are asking that every student use TTM @ least 2-3 times per week. We'll set class goals to challenge ourselves for how many lessons we think we can complete! I wonder how many lessons we can complete over the break?? :)
- Things to ask your child about: Genius Hour, blog, Poppy's Trial, Skype w/ Lauren's cousin (programmer).
- Just a reminder that there is no school February 15-19, due to our Mid-Winter Break. School resumes on Monday, Feb. 22nd.
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!