Great Plains Cuisine
By: Brady M and Victor D
- Lots of bison, used to wonder free.
- There was a big Native american and European confrontation.
- The new railroad ran through the plains, helped farmers transport things.
- Homestead act of 1862
- 1872 gold was found in the black hills of South Dakota, a mini gold rush occurred.
Cultures that settled on the Great Plains
Types of Pork in Kansas city, Missouri
Kansas City, BBQ
- The BBQ is slowly smoked for a tender,juicy flavors and a crispy outside.
- Smoke infused flavors redolent of hickory and cherry wood.
- The fine city of Kansas is the rightful birth place of Dry-rub BBQ.
- Mouthwatering tomato molasses sauce.
- In the early 20th century Henry Perry opened a stand downtown and served smoked meats to workers on their lunch breaks, which later turned in to a very successful business.
- There is a "Harsh and Peppery" taste.
Crops farmed on the great plains.