by: Lauren Carmer
- Anne Frank was born to a German family on June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Wen the Nazis took over, Otto her father took his family to Amsterdam where they hind from the Nazis.
- Anne got her first diary when she 13 for her birthday.
- The picture on the left is on Anne and Marot Frank and friends before they went into hiding.
- Anne Frank kept a diary of her own personal experiences but never new that one day it would be this big.
- "Through her diary, Anne Franks life has become a metaphor for the six million Jews who were killed by the Nazis in the Holocaust.
- The picture to the left is of Anne Frank at the Jewish Lyceum in Amsterdam , 1941.
In Her Words
- "Not only because I've never written anything before ,but also because it seems to me that later on neither I nor anyone else will be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year-old school girl." Anne Frank said in her diary.
She never knew that her choice to write in her diary would change the world.
- Anne Frank writings about her experiences in the Holocaust have changed the way people today look at the world
- "Until I read Anne Frank's diary, I had found books a literal escape from what could be the harsh reality around me. After I read the diary, I had a fresh way of viewing the both literature and the world. From then on, I found I was impatient with books and frivolous." Alexander Fuller
1 Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl: Anne Frank, B.M. Mooyaart, Eleanor Roosevelt
2Anne Frank." Europe Since 1914: Encyclopedia of the Age of War and Reconstruction. Ed.
3John Merriman and Jay Winter. Detroit: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2007. Biography in Context. Web. 7 May 2016.
.4" Major Authors and Illustrators for Children and Young Adults. Detroit: Gale, 2002. Biography in Context.
5Anne Frank at the Jewish Lyceum in Amsterdam, 1941." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016.
6Anne Frank with Sister and Friends." MCT Photos. 2010. Biography in Context
.THE REST ARE IN MY NOTES