We Are Together Tamanend!
June 3, 2013
Congratulations 8th Grade Softball District Champs!
The Doylestown Hospital is offering a 3 week nutrition series for teen girls called Walk & Talk: Mindful Eating for Teen Girls. In order to participate, registration is required by June 19th. For more information, click here.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Got R o A R?
Ed L. was nominated for RoAR Recognition for his ACHIEVEMENT by Mr. Werner.
Sophia S. was nominated by Ms. Meenan for RoAR Recognition for her ACHIEVEMENT.
Alexa N. was nominated for RoAR REcognition by Mrs. HIggins for her ACHIEVEMENT.
CBSD Board Briefs
At the May 28, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Tamanend Gold ‘n’ Blues Choir performance before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. VanVreede’s 6th grade Titus class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report, Finance, Operations, and MBIT Committee Reports.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report.
5. Approved the Resolution to adopt the Final Budget for 2013-2014 in the amount of $290,683,982. Approved the Resolution setting the homestead and farmstead real estate tax reduction in the amount of $189.70 and approved the tax levy Resolution keeping the real estate tax millage rate at 122.8 mills, keeping the real estate transfer tax rate at 1%, keeping the earned income tax rate at 1%, and maintaining the electric utility real estate tax.
6. Approved the Physical Education Uniform Purchase.
7. Approved Construction Contracts for Holicong Middle School to Centre Point Construction for general construction in the amount of $533,000; to Guy Cooper, Inc. for plumbing construction in the amount of $516,500; to Goshen Mechanical for mechanical construction in the amount of $799,900; to MJF Electrical for electrical construction in the amount of $225,380; and to Asbestos & Lead Abatements Service for asbestos abatement in the amount of $167,020.
And the approval of a Deed of Dedication to New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project and the approval of a Land Development Agreement with New Britain Borough for the Pine Run paving project.
8. Approved the award of a contract to Gilmore and Associates for engineering design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $90,000 and the award of a contract to Hayes Large Architects for architectural design services for the CB East Stadium in the amount of $168,000.
9. Tabled the first reading of the Facility Use Fee Schedule so that the schedule can be posted on-line for public review. Administration will meet with DAA, CBAA, WAA, and Lenape Valley groups to hear their input.
10. Approved the MBIT Bond Resolution to issue new bonds – Series of 2013. The issuance of new bonds – Series of 2013, will be bank qualified, having a five year call with slightly lower interest rates.
11. Approved School Board Policy #217.3 – Awarding of Credit - Other Educational Experience, School Board Policy #302 – Employment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent, and School Board Policy #312 – Performance Assessment of Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
12. Approved the School Board Treasurer, Suzanne Vincent for 2013-2014, and the School Board Secretary, Sharon Reiner for 2013-2017.
13. Approved various personnel items, the senior classes for Graduation (1625 graduates) on June 19, 2013, a tuition student, and student trips.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- This summer, Tamanend students and staff will read Wonder for one of their two summer reading books. For more information, click here.
- When buying food at school, students need to "swipe or type" their PIN. Warrington Township Police Department has asked that we remind everyone of the school speed limit of 15 mph during our arrival and dismissal times: 6:55-7:40 a.m. and 2:15-3:00 p.m..
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.