CPH Graduation Celebration
May 13th | 3PM | The Classic Center
What you need to know!
1) Arrive no later than 1:45 PM to the Athena Ballroom. We will meet around the corner in the left hallway - there will be signs for graduates and faculty towards our staging location.
***Family may begin arriving at this time if they wish as the doors will open around 1:30. Ambassadors will be available to direct everyone to correct places from there.
2) Group photos by degree will begin promptly at 2:00. If you miss it….don’t say you weren’t warned!
3) Recommended dress under gowns: No blue jeans please. So either skirts, pants, or slacks. And think about the shoes since you will be walking across the stage for recognition, you can make the call. No coats are required for men, but just remember that whatever you wear will show around the neck of your gown.
4) We recommend that you try on the gown BEFORE the day of. There have been occasions where the gowns were not stitched properly….so I would check if I were you!!
***Also, double check your tassel color. Undergraduate only: EHS (choice of mint green or salmon); HPB should be salmon. You may also have different colors if you are graduating with any honors.
5) Instructions for line-up and agenda will be announced after pictures. We will line up
alphabetically by degree. Dr Zimeri and Dr. Hein will announce all undergraduate degrees and Mumbi Okundaye will announce all graduate degree candidates. So, please find them if you want to make sure of their pronunciation of your name.
6) We will create index cards for each of you to give to the announcer as you walk up. So the information you provided in your RSVP will be typed and provided to you.
7) The ceremony will begin at 3:00 PM. The procession will be the stage party, BS Env Health, BS Health Promotion, MPH, MS, DrPH, PHD, and then faculty.
8) There will be light refreshments following the ceremony in the ballroom behind Athena, which should only last for about an hour.
9) PARKING: Parking is available in all of the lots around the Classic Center for the normal downtown parking rates. All UGA lots will be open that day on a first come first served basis. More information.
UGA Commencement Ceremonies
Graduate Ceremony: 10:00am @ Stegeman Coliseum
Undergraduate Ceremony: 7:00pm @ Sanford Stadium
Pre-Register for a Photo Account
GradImages will be there to capture your images during the ceremony. Don’t forget to Pre-Register prior to the event to share your photos with loved ones and to receive a coupon code for $5 off an order of $25 of more!
Go to www.gradimages.com