Saturday, Feb. 20th, 7-10pm
2306 Genesee Street
Please join us for a fun, social event to start the new 2016 Season.
Have a few laughs, meet new players, with fun games and entertainment.
Free entry, this is not a Fundraiser, just a fun social event.
Special Performances by
Ms. MSLA 2015 Sasha B. Frost,
Ms. MSLA Grand Slam 2015 Aracely Monterola
Hosted by the World Famous Ms. Kelly Clarkson-Sanchez!
Scorekeeper Clinic #1 (Class 9a-11a, Test 11:30a)
Sunday, Feb. 21st, 9am-12pm
1415 California Street
Training class and testing for Scorekeeper certification (Bylaw 11.2.A) which includes training materials and a multiple choice exam.
Please send any questions to Steven Amedeo at Statistics@HoustonMSLA.org
MSLA MEMBERSHIP - SPECIAL MEETING
Membership Special Meeting
Sunday, Feb. 21st, 1pm
1415 California Street
Per Bylaw 2.2, A special meeting of the membership has been called by the Commissioner for Sunday, February 21, 2016, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at Legacy Montrose, 1415 California, Houston, TX 77004 - 4th floor conference room.
The purpose of the meeting is to address:
1. Section 10.8 to create a C-Division Recreational with all teams rated 125 or lower and no players rated over 13 are allowed on a C-Division Recreational team.
2. Section 1.1.B to adjust the territory restriction in line with NAGAAA's IOG.
MSLA Fundraising Update | Fundraising Guidelines
MSLA has new, quick and easy tax deduction eligible opportunities.
What should you do?
Communicate potential sponsors and donors to your team managers. Your team managers have information to share with them.
Effective January 1, 2016, these fundraising guidelines have been implemented.
Cheers to a successful 2016,
MSLA 2016 SPRING SEASON
2016 SPRING SEASON REGISTRATION --DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH
Teams may be created and begin registration now. Managers should email invitations to their players to register for their teams. Managers please use discount code "Manager2016" for your personal registration to receive the 50% discount on your personal Player Dues.
If you receive an invitation, please follow the link in the email to register for your team. You may also register as a Player and request to join a specific team if you already have an agreed commitment with the Team Manager. The INITIAL REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH AT MIDNIGHT - so don't delay!
Free Agents are players who are new to the MSLA or are returning players who are looking for a new team. You may register as a Free Agent at no charge. Once you are added to a Team, you will be invoiced for the Player Dues.
Please complete the information in the ABOUT ME section of your profile regarding your playing experience, preferred defensive positions, etc. Managers will contact you and invite you to their team practice.
The Recruitment Committee will also assist in creating new teams to help ensure all new players find a team in the MSLA.
Lone Star Classic March 12-13, 2016
52 Teams Registered
60 Teams Maximum
Registration for the 2016 Lone Star Classic is now open.
- December 28-- Early Registration Opens
- February 6-- Regular Registration Opens
- February 26-- Registration and payment deadline
- March 11--Opening party
- March 12-13-- Tournament weekend
Pool Play Assignments & Divisional Brackets
This year, teams will be divided into small groups (or pools), wherein they will play a minimum of two games. Bracket assignments will be determined based upon a team’s finish in their respective grouping. This new format will allow for us to more quickly complete brackets. Any record ties will be pre-determined by a random draw. These groupings and assignments will be available on or before Monday, March 7.
Another enhancement of our tournament this year is that all brackets will be available online and accessible on a tablet, phone and/or computer. More details on this will be released as the tournament dates near.
Team & Individual Awards
Team & Individual Awards will be presented at the fields of play for the following:
Team Awards for Each Division
- 1st Place – Tournament Trophy, Individual Award & Free Team Entry for LSC 2017
- 2nd Place & Third Place – Tournament Trophy, Individual Award
- Spirit Award – Team Trophy for Each Division
Individual Awards for Each Division
- Most Valuable Player – Individual Award for Each Division
Special Thanks to our NAGAAA Representatives
Our LSC team and the MSLA would like to extend a special thanks to the NAGAAA representatives who have agreed to volunteer on our Protest Committee. Those individuals include:
- Kevin Riddle – NAGAAA Assistant Commissioner (Nashville)
- Albert Rodriguez – League Commissioner (Austin)
- Mark Fiorello – League Commissioner (Dallas)
- Brad Sullivan – League Commissioner (Tulsa)
- Jack Cole – League Commissioner (Houston)
- The LSC Official Rules of Play will be posted online by the registration deadline.
- DIRT will be onsite to sell our LSC Official tournament merchandise.
- A Tournament Player Guide will be sent electronically by Monday, March 7.
- A full list of our special events, including registration is available on our website.
- Find and Follow us on Facebook at Lone Star Classic Softball Tournament.
We look forward to seeing you all in Houston! Please let us know if you need anything.
Brian Crumby & Jon Ratliff LSC Co-Tournament Directors
Brad Hobbs LSC Competition Coordinator
E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org