News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- In Friday Folders is information about our Bear Share Fun Run!!! This is our BIGGEST and ONLY fundraiser of the year!! We use this to fund technology and book purchases for our classrooms. Instead of having kids sell candy, wrapping paper, etc, we have them collect straight donations for our school. We celebrate all of these collected donations by having a big Fun Run on September 15th from 9:30-11:30am. You can read about all the prizes and incentives in the packet! Start collecting those donations now!!
Thank you so much for coming to Curriculum Night! If you were unable to attend, the information is being sent home in Friday folders today- including a card with your child's log-in information for eClass and Education Galaxy. If you have additional questions, please e-mail me!
I will be out next Thursday and Friday because my little brother is getting married in Savannah! I am SO excited for them! I will not be able to access my email while I am away, so please send any notes in folders those two days. My sub will be Mrs. Brenda Smith who is amazing and has tons of kindergarten experience.
Our first STEM Day is Friday, September 1st from 1:45-3:00pm. Feel free to come help us! (I will not be there, but Mrs. Smith will be leading it for our class.)
No school on Monday, September 4th! Happy Labor Day!
- Remember to practice logging on to our eClass page to start accessing all the important information that is posted... see below for directions!
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Readers can sound like teachers when they read Learn About the World books
- Reading favorite storybooks
- Sight Words: to, can
- Letters N, O, P, Q, R during ABC Bootcamp
- Stretching out sounds as we write
- Writing hard to write ideas