Lane Intermediate Community Message
Sept 28, 2018 Patriot Pride @LaneWAWM
Dear Lane Families,
It feels like fall has arrived. However, Lane students are still outside before school and during recess.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Parent Teacher Conferences. Conferences will be held October 9th and October 18th from 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Teachers will be primarily located in the cafeteria and auxiliary gym. Please, enter through the cafeteria doors. Parents will be able to pick up their son's/daughter's Forward Exam results as well.
I am excited to share that our 8th grade WEB leaders planned an afternoon for the 6th grade class. Where Everyone Belongs, WEB, believes in creating an environment where ALL feel connected. The 6th grade class met with WEB leaders, participated in an activity, and had a snack.
Next week some of our 7th and 8th graders will be off to Washington DC to embark on hands on learning. We wish them a safe trip.
Picture Retake - Oct 11th
Starting Monday, October 1st
See Mr. Napoli with questions.
Cooking Club - See Ms. Merten
Wednesday, October 10th
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The form is in the office there is limited space.
Rock Stars -- See Mr. Simons and Mr. Stolpe
Tuesday, October 2
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Makerspace / Tech Club -- See Mrs. Smith
Wednesday, October 3
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF WEST ALLIS-WEST MILWAUKEE 345.7
TRANSCRIPTED CREDIT FOR INTERMEDIATE LEVEL STUDENTS (7TH & 8TH GRADE)
High school credit will be granted to pre-high school age students for coursework that meets high school graduation requirements if all of the following criteria are met:
● The pupil’s performance on a state examination or similar examination approved by the school board must demonstrate that the pupil is academically prepared for coursework that is offered in the high school grades.
● The credit must be earned in a course that is taught by a teacher who is licensed to teach the subject in the high school grades.
● The credit must be earned in a course that is taught using a curriculum and assessments that are equivalent to the curriculum and assessments used to teach the subject in the high school grades.
Pupils who earn high school credit for subjects taken in the 7th and 8th grades will still need to follow the Graduation Policy that includes the following credit requirements:
● English Language Arts (4 credits)
● Social Studies (3 credits)
● Mathematics (3 credits)
● Science (3 credits)
● Physical Education (1.5 credits)
● Health (.5 credit)
● Personal Finance or Independent Living (.5 credit) – Required starting with the 2019-2020 School Year
● Electives (8.5 credits)
High school courses taken in 7th or 8th grade will be noted on the transcript along with the grade received; however, the grade(s) received will not be factored into the high school grade point average.
LEGAL REF.: 118.33 (1) (em) CROSS REF.: 345.6 Graduation Requirements
APPROVED: April 9, 2018
Madagascar Jr. Dates
● Mon-Thurs Sep. 17-Nov. 8, 3-5pm at Lane
● Nov. 12-16 and 19, 3:30-5:30pm at NATHAN HALE HS (no transportation provided)
● Nov. 26-28, 3:30-7:30 at NATHAN HALE HS (no transportation provided)
Dec. 1 7pm at NATHAN HALE HS (no transportation provided)
Please contact Ms. Gandre or Mr. Beeksma with any questions!
Transportation Waiver form must be turned in prior to each competition. We will hand them out to athletes before each competition or the form can be picked up in the main office.
Lane Intermediate Cross Country
On Thursday, September 27th, the Lane Cross Country team had a meet at Greenfield Park. The runners did fantastic! They have been putting in a lot of hard work in the last week, and it showed at this meet. Some of our top finishers were: Vanessa Trillo (59th), Owen Pope (98th), Lydia Werra (76th), Brock Ringger (71st), Bella Brewer (75th), and Antonio Rodriguez (73rd). Come attend our next meet.
Wednesday, October 10 Waukesha County Expo Grounds
6th Girls - 3:45 pm 6th Boys - 4:05 pm 7th Girls - 4:25 pm 7th Boys - 4:45 pm 8th Girls - 5:05 pm 8th Boys - 5:25 pm
Monday, October 22nd Irving Elementary
CC Transportation for Meets:
October 10th @ Waukesha County Expo Grounds:
Returning-Rough Estimate-6:15 p.m.
October 22nd @ Irving Elementary: