Weekly News & Notes - February 11th - 15th
Upcoming Events . . .
February 1st - 14th:
February 11th - 15th:
- Read Across Titus Book Collection
- Report Cards Distributed
February 13th - 20th:
- Art Goes to School Presentations K-6
- Valentine's parties @ 2:00
- Home & School Association K-3 Dance - Titus Dining Room 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- President's Day - No School
- Home & School Association Bingo Night - Titus Dining Room @ 7:00 PM
- Spotlight on the Arts:
- 1st grade 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- 2nd grade 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Stop Cyber Bullying . . .
Read Across Titus . . .
Titus Reading Specialists and teachers throughout the building are beginning to plan for the annual celebration of reading known as "Read Across America Day." This year Titus will be celebrating the day on Friday, March 1st. In conjunction with Read Across America Day, we will be hosting a book swap/exchange. Our goal is for students to have an opportunity to replace their gently used books with newer titles. Here is how it will work . . .
- Feb. 11th-15th students are asked to bring in a few (2-4) gently used books specific to their grade level/age (a 4th grader should bring in books that may interest another 4th grader.) Those books can be placed in the appropriate boxes in the rotunda.
- On March 1st (or before) we ask that each child bring in $1.00 which they can use to exchange for 2-3 books when their class visits the "swap/exchange."
- The money collected will be used to fund Titus' summer reading program.
News from the Kitchen . . .
As we enter into the second semester, please take the time to address all negative balances associated with your child's lunch account. Negative accounts present a significant issue in managing and providing meals for our students. We are not permited to allow students to "charge" more than 5 lunches or any snack item. Thank you for your cooperation!
Nominations Needed . . .
February Asset #22:
- School Engagement. Young person is actively engaged in educational activities inside and /or outside of school. They take learning a step further and by their actions and enthusiasm serve as a role model to others.
- Nominate a student who exemplifies this month’s asset of school engagement. Include a paragraph explaining why you are nominating the student, and email your nominations to Mrs. Horan by February 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org
2013-2014 District Calendar . . .
Home & School Association:
Box Tops . . .
- There must be a lot of ice cream lovers at Titus!
This month's total - 8,220 Box Tops, with Mrs. Sherr's class leading the way for the month!!!
Our YTD total to 29,156!!!!!
Top three classrooms are as follows:
- 1st place: Ms. Gieseler - 6th grade
- 2nd place: Ms. Braksator - 4th grade
- 3rd place: Ms. Anderson - 4th grade
If you really want to help out your child's classroom . . . Shop online for items at hundreds of your favorite stores by logging onto the Box Tops marketplace and your child's class will earn Box Tops for all of your purchases.