Sycamore High School
We are all working hard to navigate this brave new world of online learning and are so appreciative of the patience and grace that you as parents have extended to us. As always, don't hesitate to call or email the staff or administration whenever you have questions or concerns throughout the year.
New Additions to our War Eagle Family
World Language - Esperanza Meullion
Social Studies - Kurt Plante and Cathy Wysocki
Math - Caleb Marston and Ashley Simon
CTE - John Harrison
Wellness - Mark Hall
Art - Beth Waynick
Librarian - Becky Jackman
SRO - Deputy Brandon Scruggs
- Parents and students, you MUST type https://launchpad.classlink.com/cheatham in the search bar.
- You can also click on the Classlink icon at https://www.cheathamcountyschools.net/
- Be sure to click on "Conferences" in Schoology.
- Contact Jennifer Reist at email@example.com if you have any problems logging in to Schoology.
Virtual Learning Contracts
- If you and your child chose the full time virtual learning option, please be sure to uphold the contract by logging into every class at the appropriate time, completing assignments, and participating in class.
- You must be able to access reliable internet if you chose this option.
- If you would like to transition to "in person" learning," you will need to contact an administrator first to schedule a return date.
First Ever Virtual Open House
The Month Ahead
Friday, September 11 - Underclassmen picture day (L-Z)
Monday, September 14 - Underclassmen picture day (A-K); Senior pic make up day beginning at 1:00
Friday, September 18 - 11:45 early dismissal day for students
Tuesday, September 22 - ACT make up day for seniors; virtual learning day at home for grades 9th-11th
Wednesday, September 23 - regularly scheduled virtual learning day for all A-Z students
Friday, September 25 - Homecoming Football Game
Wednesday, September 30 - Virtual learner picture day at Meri Crisp Studio from 1:00-4:00 pm.
Mark Your Calendar!
Hybrid Phase Continues Until Fall Break
SHS will remain in the hybrid phase until Friday, Oct. 9.
Face masks will continue to be required for students and staff members when they are not able to social distance, and temperatures will be taken as they enter the building.
The district’s goal is to return all students to in-person instruction daily as soon as possible, while protecting the health and safety of our students, staff members and community.
TSSAA Sports Guidelines
The Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s Board of Control has adopted a series of regulations affecting ALL SPORTS to keep students, school staff and spectators safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These TSSAA regulations and guidelines are in effect immediately for all sports:
• Temperature check required for entry. No one whose temperature measures above 100.4°F will be permitted to enter.
• All spectators must wear masks and maintain social distancing from anyone other than those living in the same household. Social distancing is defined as six feet, or the equivalent of two empty seats between themselves and other fans.
In addition, here’s some other important information you’ll need to know this year:
• Stadium capacity will be limited at each school.
• No spectators will be allowed on the field (not inside the fence).
• Concession stand items will be limited.
• Restrooms will be available.
- For our high school football and basketball games this season, spectators can also purchase tickets before the game using the GoFan app or website (you will be charged a convenience fee).
- No online tickets will be sold after noon for a Friday game. Tickets must be presented using your mobile device at the designated gate (instructions are included on the GoFan page).
- Here’s the GoFan links for SHS: https://gofan.co/SycamoreWarEagles
Virtual Learning Code of Conduct
- While on Schoology, what I say and how I say it will be school appropriate.
- I will use posts to discuss school-related content only and use school appropriate language. Do not post questions or comments about personal issues or topics.
- I will use a respectful tone of voice when posting. All school rules and consequences related to harrassment apply to Schoology.
- If you're not sure if a word, joke, or image is okay, then it's probably not. DO NOT write posts that tease, bully, annoy, spam, or gossip about any other person.
- I will not reveal any personal information on Schoology. This includes telephone numbers, addresses, emails, etc. Keep private information private.
- Keep your conversations on topic.
- If you think there is something inappropriate posted on Schoology, tell your teacher immediately.