QSI Skopje: The Scoop
September 17, 2021
Mark Your Calendars
- 13th-30th: NWEA MAP Testing (Reading, Language Usage, Math)
- 23rd: Secondary Night 6:00
- 1st: Community Time - Responsibility SO
- 2nd: QSI Community Campout
- 4th-8th: After-School Activities (ASA's) for Quintile 2 (Q2) Registration (5YOC-11YOC)
- 5th: Community Chat 6:00- Topic: Child Protection Policy and Keeping Safe Curriculum
- 8th: End of Quintile 1 - Status Reports Emailed Home
- 8th: Last Day for ASA's for Quintile 1 (Q1)
- 11th-15th: Fall Break No School
- 18th: ASA's for Q2 Begin
- 29th: Community Time - Kindness and Politeness SO
Welcome Back, Field Trips!
Dear QSI Skopje Community,
It was another exciting week as many of our students went on their first field trip of the year and for many, the first one since the pandemic started. This year, we are committed to providing all of the opportunities stolen by COVID in the safest way possible. #ForwardTogether
Every student comes to school with a different world experience. Field trips are one of the best tools that we can use to provide every student with real-world experiences. Each experience that a student participates in contributes to their understanding of the world and impacts their learning.
When students leave the four walls of the classroom, they see the connections between what is happening at school and in the ‘real-world’. They begin to see that what they learn within the walls of the classroom can help them solve the problems they see in the world around them and can have a direct impact on who they become as people.
This week, the 8YOC enjoyed seeing the remains of an ancient Roman city at Stobi archeological site. Students were able to experience the things they have been learning about in a real-world context. The middle school and secondary students spent the morning at Matka Canyon learning to kayak while enjoying the beautiful surroundings. This is Group Interaction and Aesthetic Appreciation in action!
We are lucky to have many wonderful places to visit to enhance the learning experiences of our students. We look forward to future opportunities for learning!
Fall MAP Testing Continues Next Week
QSI Skopje Campout
- Tent set-up begins at 4:00. Feel free to join anytime after 4:00.
- Families should bring their own food and drinks. We will have BBQ grills available for people to use to cook.
- Families are welcome to join us for dinner and not spend the night.
- Feel free to bring outdoor games and items to have some fun.
- Please complete the RSVP below so that we know how many families to expect.
- This is a school event with students present, so alcohol is NOT allowed at the event.
**Important Note: Parents must be vaccinated to attend. Please bring your vaccine card.
Mr. Pratt: Building Important Skills Outside the Classroom
Volleyball is back!!! We have started our activities for the 1st Quintile here at QSI, with the Pratt’s leading the Secondary Volleyball Club for the Fall Sports Season. We have a large group this season, with over twenty of our Secondary students participating.
Why are sports important? Volleyball helps improve eye-hand coordination, reflexes/balance, and cardiovascular health. Team sports also assists in developing social interactions, communication, and supports team-building and leadership skills. Volleyball is a great way for our students to demonstrate and improve their “Success Orientations” skills here at QSI.
PSG: Building Community
2021-22 PSG Executive Committee
2021-22 Executive Committee Members
President: Jovan Vranikj
Vice President: Esther van Niekerk
Treasurer: Sandra Poceva
Secretary: Marija Lyra
Officer at Large: Daniela Bjurenvall
Thank you for serving our community and leading the initiative to RE-CONNECT and RE-ENGAGE the QSI Skopje community after a difficult year and a half.
QSI Skopje Staff Emails
Stay Informed with Updates and Information from QSI Skopje
Please click the link below to join the new QSI Skope Parent Group.