MDMA (Ecstacy or Molly)
By: Sofia L. & Juliana R. Tb: 4
How is MDMA used?
- Can be taken in a pill, tablet, or capsule
- Can be different colors
- Some have cartoon-like images on them
- Bumping- taking more than one pill at a time
What are other effects?
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle tension
- Teeth clenching
- Blurred vision
- Chills or sweating
- Higher body temperature
- Serious heart, liver, or kidney disease
Can you get addicted?
- Researchers have not been able to determine this
- Users experience:
- Dependence - relying on the drug to do everyday things
- Withdraw - unwanted side effects from not using the drug
- Tolerance - more of a drug is needed to get high
Can you die from use?
~ Can cause kidney, liver or heart failure
How many teens abuse MDMA?
Life time: 2.30%
Past year: 1.40%
Past month: 0.50%
- Use increases as students get older
What should you do if someone needs help?
- Call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
~ Assists with addiction support and substance abuse
- Call a treatment facility locator
~ Used to find addiction help
What is MDMA classified as?
- Considered a stimulant
- Is an amphetamine