January 9, 2020
Happy New Year!
Getting Back into the Routine
Last week seemed slow as we all recovered from a wonderful break. Our PBIS core team used the first day back as an opportunity to review key components of our new program and have some fun watching a few teachers act out skits. It was a great way to re-energize ourselves, which seems to have worked, because this week feels like we are all back into our routines and ready to advance.
Save the Date!
- Friday, January 10 [DAY 3] - Young Rembrandt's
- Monday, January 13 [DAY 4] - Student Council Food Drive Begins; Art Club; 5th Gr. A.S. Sports
- Tuesday, January 14 [DAY 1] - 4th Gr. Chorus @ 8 AM; 3rd Gr. Field Trip
- Wednesday, January 15 [DAY 2] - STEM Club; Family Math Night
- Thursday, January 16 [DAY 3] - Band Rehearsal @ 8 AM; 5th Gr. Boys A.S. Sports
- Friday, January 17 [DAY 4] - Half-day for Students [Dismiss @ 12:10 PM]; Food Drive Ends
- Monday, January 20 - NO SCHOOL: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 21 [DAY 1]
- Wednesday, January 22 [DAY 2] - STEM Club; 4th Gr. Girls A.S. Sports; Reading Olympics
- Thursday, January 23 [DAY 3] - Band Rehearsal @ 8 AM; 4th Gr. Boys A.S. Sports
- Friday, January 24 [DAY 4] - PTO Family BINGO @ 5 PM & 7 PM
Reminder: If there is a school closure, the rotating schedule will change. Please consult the school website if you ever need confirmation of the day in the rotation.
Art Classes in 2020
Sign up online at : https://chestercountynightschool.org/
Search by instructor: Geena Teodecki or click on “Just for Kids: CHECK”
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mondays, January 6, 13, 27, February 3
Try slip casting beads and figurines, decorating with underglaze pencils, and hand building techniques such as slab building, coils, and additive building ceramic techniques.
Mondays: February 10, 24, March 2
Parent Information & Resources
If you will have a Kindergartner in Fall 2020, WCASD is offering an overview of our program later in the month. Please click the button and scroll down to get more information and/or register.
The system is open & we are ready to welcome your little Wildcat! The earlier the better because we base our staffing on the number of completed applications. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call Kelly Patterson (484-266-1802).
WCASD teachers collaborated to design this website to provide a variety of learning connections that reach beyond the classroom. Please explore the resources that may support your child’s interests and learning throughout the school year.