NCS Remote Learning Update
Information for Families During School Closure - 4/20/2020
Message from Our Principal, Mrs. Ringley
Dear NCS Families,
In keeping with the directives and guidelines from our government and public health authorities, Bishop Gregory Parkes, has directed that all Catholic Schools and Early Childhood Centers will remain closed to students through the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. Nativity Catholic School will follow suit and conduct remote learning for the remainder of the academic year.
Currently, we are working on alternate plans for graduation, final grades, and end-of-the-year procedures. You will be receiving these details over the next few weeks. Due to the fact that we immediately converted to remote learning in mid-March, we are on target to complete our required number of school days on time.
In times like these, our faith is what will sustain and guide us. It’s important that we pray together and for one another. As always, please be assured of my prayers and those of Nativity family.
In Christ's Love,
Maureen Ringley, M.Ed.
Information Available Right Now
We know our 8th grade students and families are experiencing a particularly anxious time wondering about the fate of graduation. We have been immersed in proactively reviewing all potential scenarios. Please understand that we hoped and prayed to hold a traditional graduation celebration for our graduates on the original date.
It is unlikely that the State of Florida will meet the CDC criteria to enter Phase Two and allow for it. We will be conducting a virtual graduation ceremony on the originally scheduled date of May 21, 2020 at 11:00am. This ceremony will encompass recognition of diplomas, awards and special acheivements. Details will be communicated over the next few weeks.
During the summer months, if the State of Florida meets the CDC guidelines to enter into Phase Two and adjusts the current guidelines to allow public gatherings of more than 50 people, NCS will celebrate a Mass dedicated to the 2020 graduates.
The NCS administration and staff are also planning for some special touches for 8th graders this year to highlight their accomplishments. Stay tuned!
Future Information To Be Shared
Picking Up Personal Items from School (including yearbooks):
- At this time the yearbook publisher is not able to work in the print facility, so we do not know when the yearbooks will be delivered. When we are allowed to gather, we will plan a special day for our graduates to be on campus to receive and sign yearbooks. Early in the 2020-2021 school-year, we will provide time for returning NCS students to sign yearbooks.
- Other personal belongings left at school prior to remote learning will be retrieved by families when instructional materials and digital devices are returned.
Returning Instructional Materials & Digital Devices:
- To allow for social distancing, NCS will be setting up a schedule similar to that used for conferences.
- For most grades, this will take place May 26th-28th. PreK and 8th-grade will have scheduled dates earlier in May. A full schedule will be sent to families the 1st week of May.
Kindergarten Coronation Update:
Kindergarten Coronation will be conducted virtually this year. Dates and times will be announced the 1st week of May.
Other End of Year Events:
- The Athletic Banquet and Graduation Breakfast are cancelled. Awards, such as the Cougar and Corey Daigel Awards, will be presented at the virtual graduation ceremony.
Use this link to access archived copies of daily masses and church announcements.