Use Canva for tons of different literacy projects
On your laptop or Surface
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE GRAPHIC DESIGN
Create beautiful designs with Canva. Choose from more than one million layouts, stock photographs and illustrations. Search for the best graphics, photos, and fonts then use Canva’s simple drag and drop tool to create a design.
What device is Canva compatible with?
- Computer via www.canva.com
- iPad & smartphone app (not all features are there)
- Not everything is FREE- Be on the look out for $
- Upload your own images for FREE
- If you choose a layout/icons that costs money it only charges you to download it but students can share their files for free via the copied link
- Click>Share>Link>View Only before copying the link
Teacher Task Overview
Create an infographic assignment for your students to complete using canva.com. You will model the the assignment directions by creating an infographic noting the requirements.
- Sign into Canva.com
- Think about the learning objective for your students & create an assignment that requires them to process the information via creation of an infographic on canva.com
- Find the infographic templates on Canva and choose one you think you can modify easily. Note: ALL pictures, icons, fonts and colors CAN be changed!
- Write your directions, requirements, expectations, etc in the infographic to model the assignment for your students.
- If you finish (or when you do) add your infographic to the Padlet linked below. You can download the file as a jpg, png, or pdf.