Every Student, Every Day
Friday, February 26
Jump Rope for Heart Reminder - All $$$ is due this Monday, Feb 29th.
Upcoming Dates & Events
- Feb 29 thru Mar 4 - Dr Seuss Week (details below)
- Mar 4 - Fourth Grade Field Trip to Elm Fork Education Center
- Mar 7 thru 11 - Spring Break (No School)
- Mar 23 - Class Picture Day
- Mar 28 thru Apr 1 - No Visitors on Campus (details below)
- Apr 4 thru 8 - Kindergarten Roundup for 2016/2017 school year
- Apr 6 - PTA Multicultural Night from 6-7pm in the Cafe (Participation forms and information were sent home in last week's Thursday folders. For questions, contact Loredana Sasso at email@example.com.
2016-2017 Kindergarten Roundup
Each April, Frisco ISD elementary schools host registration for students entering kindergarten the following school year. To attend kindergarten, students must be five years of age or older on or before September 1.
This early registration process gives parents information to ease the transition into kindergarten and assists the District in planning for enrollment growth and staffing needs.
For details, please click here.
Lost & Found Will Be Donated Friday, March 4
All items will be donated next week's Friday before Spring Break, March 4. If parents would like to look thru it, you are welcome to sign-in with the Front Office either:
- before school until 7:50am,
- during a lunch visit, or
- after school until 3:20pm.
Reminder - PTA Board Interest Forms Due March 3
All forms should be returned to the front office by March 3rd. If you have questions about the form or Board nomination process, please contact Jennifer Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Seuss Week Starts Monday!
Calling All Spring Breakers!
We would love to see where our Hosp families enjoyed Spring Break! Whether you're close to home at a movie or visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards, or perhaps on a Breckenridge ski slope or at Cinderella’s castle, please snap a photo and send it our way!
You can email the image to the Hosp email (email@example.com) and we'll include your photo on a hallway bulletin board. All photos must be received by Tuesday, March 15.
One photo per family, please.
Include the following information with your email:
- Student name(s)
- A brief description of where the photo was taken
Thank you! We look forward to gathering our globetrotting student photos.
Reminder - No Visitors During STAAR
STAAR testing will take place during the months of March and May. In order to ensure a quiet and secure testing environment, NO VISITORS are allowed on campus during the 2 weeks of testing. This policy applies to ALL GRADES even if your student is not taking the STAAR test.
Mark Your Calendars for the "No Visitors" Weeks:
- March 28 - April 1
- May 9 - May 13
What Does "No Visitors" Mean?
- No eating lunch with your student (all grades).
- No drop offs/deliveries for any grade level (includes lunches, water bottles, library books, homework, etc). Everything must be packed with your student that morning. If your student forgets their lunch, make sure they have $ in their My Payments Plus account to buy lunch that day. Healthy choices and vegetarian options are available every day.
- No PTA, workroom or classroom volunteers.
- Do not schedule Dr appts or early dismissals on testing days for your 3rd, 4th and 5th grader. Students in grades 3 - 5 will not be pulled out of testing.
STAAR Testing Days for 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
March 29 - 4th Grade/Writing
March 29 - 5th Grade/Math
March 30 - 5th Grade/Reading
March 31 & April 1 - Makeup Testing
May 9 - 3rd & 4th Grade/Math
May 10 - 3rd & 4th Grade/Reading
May 11 - 5th Grade/Science
May 12 & 13 - Makeup Testing
Thank you for helping us ensure confidentiality and security per STAAR guidelines.
If you haven't purchased yours yet, order today at www.yearbookordercenter.com and enter code 14019 for Hosp Elementary. Orders will be accepted thru Spring Break.
Extra yearbooks will not be available this year.