First Grade Frontpage!
Friday, February 5, 2016
Upcoming School Events
- Monday-General Mills Boxtop Collection Contest begins. Faith Sharing after school until 4 p.m. 5:30 p.m. PTA Meeting.
- Tuesday-Bishop's Meeting at Sts. Peter and Paul (Pastoral Plan) at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday-8:30 a.m. Ash Wednesday Mass, iSTOPBullies after school until 4:15 p.m., 7:30 p.m. Parish Council Meeting in cafeteria.
- Thursday-8:30 a.m. Mass.
- Friday-Fish Supper at St. James.
Next Week's 1st Grade Schedule
Monday-Library, Al's Pals.
Tuesday-P.E. w/Mrs. Kern.
Wednesday-Math Homework Due. Math Test (Skills of the Week and Mixed Addition Facts to 20), Music w/Ms. Loveless.
Thursday-Reading Homework Due. Unit Reading Test, Art w/Ms. Loveless.
Friday-Spelling Homework Due. Spelling Test, Al's Pals.
- Math Practice...I highly encourage you to continue having your 1st grader practice at home counting sets of coins, including pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollars. Thank you for your support!
- Book Orders...Forms were sent home today in Important Papers and made available online using the code GYBFT at www.scholastic.com/readingclub. Orders and payment in the form of check only are due back to school on Fri., Feb. 12th. Thanks!
- Progress Reports...The reports were sent home today in your child's Friday Folder. Please review the report, sign, and return to school. The attached copy is for you to keep. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at any time. Let's keep up the good work!
- Lab Coats...We are now studying Science this semester! Please send in an old white dress shirt for your 1st grader (which can be purchased at a thrift store, if needed). These will be transformed into our lab coats so that we can observe, make hypotheses, predict, experiment, do research, and record data just like real scientist!
- Valentine's Day...We will be doing a Valentine Exchange on Feb. 12th if your 1st grader would like to participate! Also, we will be decorating boxes for the exchange, please send in an empty cereal, Kleenex, or shoe box with your 1st grader on Monday!