- Constructed dams, ditches, and the canals to trap the rain from tops of mesa and channel to the gardens on the canyon floor.
- House made of the adobe and stone, and were multi-storied, apartment-like structures-lived along walls of cliffs or large plazas.
- Heart of civilization in Chaco Canyon was Pueblo Bonito where there was a massive complex of more than 1000 people and from Pueblo Bonito they built roads for trading networks.
- Craftsmen made turquoise jewelry, woven baskets,(black on white) pottery and Heavily influenced art and architecture of late groups such as Hopi and Zuni (2 of largest Pueblo groups today) and Left perhaps from many droughts.
- Lived in Ohio valley region around the 700 BC and Grew squash, sunflowers, gourds , and barley.
- Produces exquisite copper jewelry and fine pottery and Elaborate burial mounds made up of log structures coved by piles of earth.