November 13, 2020
LWJES Services Update
- Distance Learning - Continues following our routine in place on scheduled school days (continue to follow daily schedule)
- Telephone Assistance - Remains available (you may experience delays in calls being answered)
- Food Distribution @ Eldorado Driveway - Remains available on scheduled school days (7 a.m. to 10 a.m.)
- Front Door Assistance/Learning Materials Collection - Suspended effective 11/16/2020 until further notice
- Walk-Up Library Book Service - Suspended effective 11/16/2020 until further notice
Cohort Selection Survey
In an effort to provide additional time for parents/guardians to make decisions regarding the cohort selection(s) for their student(s) within the hybrid instructional model, the Hybrid Cohort Questionnaire located at http://ccsd.net/survey will remain open through November 20, 2020, until 5:00 p.m.
If a parent/guardian wants to change their selection, parents/guardians may submit a second response that will replace their first response beginning on November 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. Parents/guardians may only resubmit their response one time through November 20, 2020, until 5:00 p.m.
The final cohort selection for every student is required by November 20, 2020, to promote the planning and preparation for the potential of implementing the hybrid instructional model. If you have any questions, please contact the school at (702) 799-5760.
School Organizational Team November Meeting
Parents and guardians are welcome and invited to attend the meetings of the SOT.
To join the meeting via Google Meet, click on this link at the time of the meeting: https://meet.google.com/mjg-xwdo-pya
Join and Support our PTA!
PTA is a group of parents/guardians and school faculty working together to make our school the best it can be. The goal of PTA at LWJES is to develop relationships among families and faculty and to provide service to our school community.
This year we are having everyone sign up on-line, using the Memberhub platform provided by Nevada PTA. Payments will be made by credit/debit card. PTA Membership is $8.00.
Simply go to: https://lwjes.new.memberhub.store/store
Once you have completed your membership purchase, a receipt will be emailed to you.
Our PTA is participating in Amazon Smile. Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate a percentage to our PTA!
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Select PTA Nevada Congress Wiener Jr Elementary School PTA as your charity
In order for PTA to receive the donation, you must only shop at smile.amazon.com or on the app using the instructions on the flyer below.
Smith’s - Sign up today!
- Visit smithsfoodanddrug.com
- Sign into your Online Account or create an account.
- Click Inspiring Donations under "My Account" and select Louis Wiener Jr. PTA
- Shop, swipe your rewards card, and earn rewards for your favorite local organization.
- Every July it will automatically renew to keep earning rewards!
- There is no cost to enroll, and enrollment will not affect your fuel points or coupons discounts.
- Receipt message shows your enrolled organization.
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.
Distance Learning Continues - Classes In Session
Monday, Nov. 16th, 8:45am to Tuesday, Nov. 24th, 3:30pm
450 East Eldorado Lane
Las Vegas, NV
Wednesday, Nov. 25th, 9am to Friday, Nov. 27th, 4pm
450 East Eldorado Lane
Las Vegas, NV
Classes are in session on Monday and Tuesday (11/23 & 11/24)
No school Wednesday through Friday (11/25 to 11/27)
Classes resume Monday, November 30, 2020