Toronto siding installers
Toronto siding installers
Pointer For Putting up Vinyl Siding: 5 Pointer For Putting up Siding
As a siding installer, I have actually been asked many times these 5 concerns and today I wish to resolve them. When installing vinyl siding on a residential home, there are a few things we can do to conserve time and money. I will now walk you through the 5 tips for installing vinyl siding.
1) When you order your product, always add 5 % to the material list. There is nothing more aggravating than to be working on a Sunday and you run out of J-channel and can not complete the job. By adding a extra 5 % to your material list you can eliminate the headaches of running out of material. All left over material that is not cut or damaged can be gone back to supply company to get your money back at the end of the job.
2) Use crown molding for soffit and siding. Crown molding or as we call it RCM is a dual purpose system, it allows you to install the soffit and lock the top piece of siding into it. By making use of crown molding for your vinyl siding installation you will eliminate buying the following - F - channel, J - channel and Utility Trim. Rcm comes in the same colors as soffitt and trim. If you were to buy the 3 trim pieces you have invested over $15.00 compared with RCM which runs about $8.99 a stick, This system will only work on the flats. It will not do well in gables.
3) Use J-channel for your inside corners and save a few dollars. Now if your on a fine budget and dollars are tight you can use 2 pieces of J-channel for your inside corner post, instead of buying a true vinyl siding inside corner. This can save you up to $10 per inside corner on your house.
4) Make your own starter strip out of the siding you purchase for your home. Yes you can make your own starter by using the leading section of your siding and flipping it down.
5) Have your facia metal custom bent, this will take a bit more time doing, but can conserve hundreds of dollars. You will need a metal brake and rolls of trim coil. When bending the facia yourself you can conserve virtually $2.25 per 12 feet installed.
When installing aluminum soffit Toronto on a domestic home, there are a couple of things we can do to conserve time and cash. I will now walk you with the 5 pointers for installing vinyl siding.
By utilizing crown molding for your vinyl siding setup you will eliminate buying the following - F - channel, J - channel and Utility Trim. Now if your on a fine budget and dollars are tight you can use 2 pieces of J-channel for your inside corner post, instead of buying a true vinyl siding inside corner.