THIRD GRADE NEWS
Read All About It!
What are we learning in Math?
- mean, median, mode, range
- place value relationships
- using money to understand decimals
- modeling addition and subtraction of decimals
- arrays and multiplying 2-digit number by multiples of 10
- understanding remainders
What are we learning in Language Arts?
- Annotating and Analyzing
- Finding Irrelevant, Extraneous Details
- Recognizing Genre & Introducing Opinion Writing
- Recognizing Main Ideas & Details
Please continue to read and discuss books and other reading materials at home! We've seen such growth in our students in reading! Reading aloud is a great way to practice fluency, and it's also a great way to start meaningful discussions about reading. Let us know if you need any ideas on how to practice reading at home! You can also encourage journal writing or even start a dialogue journal for fun!
What are we learning in Social Studies?
- Free Enterprise System
- assembly line
- goods and services
- wants and needs
- spending decisions
- cost and benefit
- credit, interest, cash, money
- charitable giving
Bronco Best (monthly)
Kemendo: Afran B.
Patel: Aubri J.
Ledsome: Adrian T.
Frauman: Dolly A.
Litman: Grant S.
So...What's Coming Up?
- Thursday, April 28--Spring Picnic...Color Run
- Wednesday, April 29--FIELD TRIP TO THE PEROT MUSEUM
- May 4-8--Teacher Appreciation Week :)
- Friday, May 8--Field Day!! Wear your t-shirts!
Third Grade Team
Celene Rosen firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Kemendo email@example.com
Anisha Patel firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Ledsome email@example.com
Jackie Frauman firstname.lastname@example.org
Chrystal Litman email@example.com