August 2, 2019
Registration Verification and Meet the Teacher is August 6th!
8:00 - 9:30 - Last Names A - K
10:00 - 11:30 - Last Names L - Z
* We have limited parking, so be mindful of your time visiting the classroom.
* Online registration should be completed before arriving. Most of you did this in May. If you need assistance with this, contact Mrs. Poarch @ firstname.lastname@example.org Remember that the email you receive for this comes from INFOSNAP!
* Fees should be paid before arriving. My School Fees opens on August 1st. You should have received an email about paying fees from the district. More information is in a separate article below. If you need assistance with this, contact Ms. Troncale @ email@example.com
* If you do not have computer access, we will have computers available for you to complete online registration and pay fees during Registration Verification.
* When you arrive, you will...
1. Check in at a table in the lobby
2. Pick up a packet with your carpool tag and forms.
3. Visit the PTA table for information. (more information below)
4. Look up your child's bus route **Note that there could be changes since last year.
5. Complete the transportation form with accurate bus and carpool information for GOING HOME.
6. Complete the yellow emergency form which is new and improved and gives you an opportunity to provide changes from information you completed during online registration.
7. Complete the permission slip for Live School, which is replacing Class Dojo this year.
8. Proceed to the cafeteria to pick up a pre-ordered school tshirt or purchase a school tshirt.
9. Add money to your child's meal account, if you wish.
10. Turn in your completed forms and pick up your teacher letter
11. Proceed to meet the teacher
12. Go enjoy the last two days before school starts!!
if you did not purchase prepackaged supplies, please try to bring your child's supplies to Meet the teacher day!
HAVE YOU PAID YOUR REGISTRATION FEES?
Thanks to many of you who have already paid your registration fees. Many of you have also paid for field trips, too!
Please make sure that you click on the green registration fee box to pay the instructional donation, order a yearbook, and pay any additional fees for your child's grade level. These are listed as optional because we are not allowed to require any fees at the elementary level. We are afraid some of you might have missed the green box! If you missed it, you can go back into My School Fees and should see the green box! Please refer to the screenshot below.
Please note that you will need to complete the transaction for registration fees before proceeding to the other fees.
This year, we reduced the suggested instructional donation to $25, but added another box for you to make any additional donation to the school. Donations to charitable organizations, like public schools, are typically tax deductible.
Thank you for your support!!
My School Fees Information
Click here to see what fees are available for you to pay.
**We decreased the instructional donation from $50 to $25 to encourage everyone to participate. If you would like to make an additional donation, there is an additional item where you can determine the donation amount. These donations are divided evenly for each certified teachers to use in the classroom.
**Please note that you have the option of paying field trip fees at any time, prior to the field trip. They are available for you to pay now, but is not required at this time.
**HCS will assess a fee for each payment instrument (credit card, ACH/EFT/e-check, and paper check) returned, refused or rejected by a financial institution. This fee shall become a part of the total amount due. (This fee is assessed even if you enter the account number incorrectly.)
**There will be no refunds for fees paid to the school for student materials and equipment, books, camps, field trips, and extra-curricular activities unless eligible according to HCS policy.
Attention: Fifth Graders Interested in Serving on Safety Patrol
If your fifth grader is interested in serving either in the morning or afternoon, please click here for more information. Students who serve on Safety Patrol must apply through the link on the flyer.
are you a 5th grader and interested in serving your school?
If you are interested in applying, click here for complete information. Applications are due by August 19th at 8:00 am.
PTA Membership Registration:
We are striving to have 100% family PTA membership! The cost per family is only $10 and no other commitment is required. The funds help go towards many fun events and educational opportunities for the school. Click this link to join today and help us reach our 100% membership! https://greystone.memberhub.store/. You can also order Greystone Field Trip t-shirts on this link, if you haven’t already.
Volunteers are always needed throughout the year. Please fill out this form if you have any interest in being contacted via email when these events or committee needs come up. No obligation, this form just allows us to reach out to you about the volunteer opportunities. http://bit.ly/31Ti9oe
The flyers below each have QR codes. The codes are a direct link to the PTA Membership page and volunteer form.
This is a step you can get done prior to Registration Verification. The PTA Board Members will be glad to answer questions and assist you at Registration Verification.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS WITH THESE IMPORTANT DATES!
August 6th - Kindergarten Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
August 6th - PreK Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
August 8th - 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL - 7:45 - 2:45
August 9th - BINGO Night - 5:00 - 7:30 pm
August 13th - 2nd Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
August 15th - 1st Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
August 22nd - 3rd Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15
August 29th - 4th Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
September 5th - 5th Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
Fun for the Whole Family!
Remember that students must be accompanied by an adult at this event!
Donations are needed!!
Our enrichment teachers and librarian are currently working on an innovative plan, and we need your help! We know that many families clean out garages and closets over the summer. If you come across any of these items that you plan to get rid of, would you consider donating them to our school instead?
Perhaps you have old birthday party decorations that match one of our themes, or perhaps you've decided to clean out that overcrowded bucket of cute stuffed animals. Please see the lists of items below. Your trash could be our treasure!
We will be using one classroom in our school for a quarterly room transformation centered around an animal theme. The classroom teachers will be able to bring their students to this room to do engaging lessons addressing grade level standards. Room transformations prove to increase engagement for students and provide a unique avenue for learning.
We plan to use these resources for years to come as we build a "library" of room transformation kits for our school. We will have 4 large labeled buckets in the foyer of our school if you find any items that will help with our plans. Feel free to bring these to the school during our working hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Thank you so much!
Child nutrition information
Cafeteria Meal Prices
- Breakfast all grades $1.55
- Elementary Lunch $2.40
- Adult meal prices will increase slightly due to a mandated USDA annual calculation
- Breakfast $1.80 - no change
- Lunch $3.30 - increase $.05
Effective August 1, 2019, PayPAMS fee structure for online depositing into Cafeteria Accounts will change to a fee per family rather than per student. If a parent/guardian is paying for multiple students at once, they will only be charged one convenience fee of $1.95
Free/Reduced Priced Meal Applications
Will be available on the Hoover website by July 29, 2019
We will offer a snack program again this year. Be watching for more information.
Our Greystone Motto
Learn - Lead - Leave a Legacy
Our Greystone Mission
As a school community, we empower learners, inspire leaders, and encourage all children to reach their potential.
Our Greystone Vision
Empowering a generation of learners and leaders to leave a legacy.