Kinetic Theory Project
Wyatt Amundson P.1
- The theory states that all matter is made of moving particles
- The particles are always in random motion
- This means that in every state, particle are always moving
- Scientist have not yet slowed particles enough to stop them completely
Sources: study.com, and my brain
Phases of Matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas
- Solids keep there shape when put into a container.
- Molecules in a liquid are close together but swiftly move around each other
- Gas has no definite volume or shape and takes the shape of the container it's held in
- Molecules in a gas move very quickly, in random motion, freely around each other, there is a lot of space in between them.
Sources: My brain.
Boyle’s Law, Charles’s Law, Endo and Exothermic Reactions, and Heat of Fusion.
- Boyle's Law states the relationship between pressure and volume (Higher pressure = lower volume).
- Charles's Law states the relationship between temperature and volume (High temp = higher volume).
- Endothermic reactions happen when a substance absorbs energy. Endothermic is when a substance releases energy.
- Heat of Fusion s the measure of energy needed to melt a solid at its melting point.
Sources: physlink.com, socratic.org, my brain
There are 6 different phase changes which are endo and exothermic
- Solid to a Liquid: Melting-Endothermic
- Liquid to a Gas: Vaporization-Endothermic
- Solid to a Gas: Sublimation- Endothermic
- Gas to a Liquid: Condensation-Exothermic
- Liquid to a Solid: Freezing-Exothermic
- Gas to a solid: Deposition-Exothermic