Broken Arrow News
October 30, 2020
Finding Some Sort of Normal!
We concluded our first full week of school with all In-Person Learners in attendance this week. Things have started to feel a little more normal, although we miss the rest of our BA school family members who are learning remotely.
I am fairly confident we may have some pretty tired students and teachers after this week!
Don't forget we only have school Monday-Thursday next week, as Friday, November 6th is No School due to Teacher Work Time to prepare for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are Thursday, November 12 from 5:00-8:00 pm and Friday, November 13 from 8:00-3:30 pm. Conferences are conducted via WebEx. Your attendance at conferences is greatly appreciated!
Have a wonderful weekend!
IMPORTANT! >>>Inclement Weather Days and Remote Learning
As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, with the unknown of what tomorrow may bring (quarantine, isolation, inclement weather), it is important to remember the following items:
- Students enrolled in In-Person Learning should have their device coming home daily. Please support your student to ensure the device returns to school daily and is fully charged.
- Generally, inclement Weather Days will be considered a remote learning day for all students, including special education students. Staff will be delivering live instruction when possible, along with asynchronous learning activities listed in Canvas, in the event they are unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Elementary - teachers will publish a remote learning schedule for an unexpected remote day for students, which will follow the schedule that was implemented earlier in the school year during remote learning.
- In the event we have an unexpected remote day and your student(s) does not have their device, if available, students can log on to Canvas through any home device as well.
- If your student is unable to participate due to technical difficulties, please contact the school’s attendance line.
- In extreme weather conditions, the district may still call an official inclement weather day with no school for all students, including special education students.
Thank you for joining with us to ensure our students continue to receive a quality education in these challenging times. Working together we will continue to make SMSD Strong!
SMSD Recess Guidelines (Weather)
iPads Will Be Sent Home Daily Beginning Monday, November 2
It is very important that your child's iPad return to school each day fully charged.
We do not have the capability to charge every student's iPad in the classroom.
If your child's iPad is not charged or if they leave their iPad at home, they will complete paper/pencil assignments.
Thank you so much for your help with this.
Our PBIS System/Blazer Bucks Looks a Little Different This Year
Save the Date for Parent-Teacher Conferences
THANK YOU PTA FOR THE DONUTS!
November 5 Trailblazer of the Quarter Announced for First Quarter
November 6 No School - Teacher Work Time - End of the 1st Quarter
November 11 Report Cards Available in Skyward
November 12 Parent-Teacher Conferences 5:00-8:00 pm
November 13 No School - Parent-Teacher Conferences 8:00-3:30 pm
November 17 BA PTA Meeting 6:30pm via Zoom: 924 4949 4780
November 23-27 Thanksgiving Break - No School
December 1 Picture Retake Day
December 22 K-6th Grade Early Dismissal 12:30 pm No Pre-K Today
December 23 - January 4 No School - Winter Break
January 5 Pre-K-6th Grade Students Return to School
Report Cards Will Be Posted in Skyward on Wednesday, November 11
The last day of school for the First Quarter will be Thursday, November 5.Parents will be able to view their child's report card in Skyward beginning Wednesday, November 11. There will not be an actual physical report card sent home.
Please CLICK HERE for directions on how to access your child's report card in Skyward.
Please note that all home schools will be communicating about library check out and specific local procedures.
Quick Links to Essential Information
BA Attendance Line: 913-993-2388
BA Office: 913-993-2300
BA PTA Website coming soon!
BA on Twitter
BA PTA on Facebook