May 16th -19th
What's up at Weller?
- Grade Posting window closes 8:00 A.M.
- 4th Quarter attendance Party 1:00-3:30 (See Linda's email for details.)
- 3-5 French Club @ 3:50-4:50
- Retirement lunch for Susan
- Year 1 IGNiTE Student Showcase @ KAC
- Our FINAL PANTHER PRIDE CELEBRATION 9:00
- 5th Grade Graduation 9:00 a.m.
- Last Day of School Early Release @ 1:35
- SUMMER BEGINS!! Turn in checklist and required items before leaving for the summer.
Way to go Crystal and Amanda!!!
What spirit...the kids LOVED the Read Around the School Party!
Thanks for all your hard work and planning Nicole and Alisa!
Four more days...
Have a great summer!
A few things...
- You will need to do your class recommendations for next year before you leave. Please meet as a grade level team and group students evenly for the next year. You will notice tabs at the bottom for each class (teacher A, teacher B, etc.) Then save the document by naming it the grade level the students will be in the following year and share it with Robin and I. Here is the link to the google doc.
- You will need to complete the End-of-the-Year Checklist. Give yours to Robin and she will have you initial on the check-out sheet before leaving for the summer.
- Don't forget to complete your curriculum inventory.
- When thinking of school supply lists, keep in mind our families limited income. Please email John a copy of your grade level SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST by Tuesday.
- AROUND THE WORLD! This will be our Weller Theme for next year!! Click here for a Padlet to post ideas for this theme.
- If you need a printer in your classroom, please email Robin.
- SPS Summer Academy: At the SPS Summer Academy teachers can choose from a variety of topics over two separate 2-day periods. As a participant, feel free to register for as many or as few sessions as you like. And... you'll be excited to know that Springfield Public Schools teachers will receive a $75 stipend per day of attendance! Register here.
- September 20th in the morning: IGNiTE DEPLOYMENT AT WELLER!
A note to a great team...
This week our Weller students should be learning until we let them go for summer at 1:35 on Thursday afternoon. Have fun with them. Make their week engaging so they can't wait to start Explore! and/or return in August. AND take time for you and your family this summer. Enjoy days without a schedule, family vacations, a good book, and the warm summer days. I can't wait to be together again on August 10th for our Year 2 IGNiTE training. Thanks for all you do to make learning great for kids.