Kindergarten Information- First Day!!!
Welcome to the School Year!
Teacher Assignments Info
- IF you were not available to stop in on Friday to submit your completed registration and find out your child's class assignments, the lists were posted this afternoon around 4:00pm on the main entrance double doors. You can stop by and take a peek in the morning--(or see my photos below).
- Please be sure you have PRINTED and SIGNED your online registration CONFIRMATION-- it must be turned in to have your child attend class!
Mrs. Coleman - K/1 Split
Mrs. Coleman's classroom is just inside the main building, Room 4
Mrs. Dascoulias - Kindergarten
Mrs. Dascoulias' classroom is Room 2
Mrs. Lane - Kindergarten
Mrs. Lane's classroom is Room 1
Where To Start...
- All students (Everyone, except TK) will be lining up in front of the "portables" (southwest side of yard). Room numbers/Teachers will be posted on stand up easels. (This is a temporary routine until the painting to label the schoolyard is complete). Lining up before school - until alphabet letters are painted on blacktop, Mrs. Eastman will be setting up makeshift placards.
- TK will line up in front of their classroom, Room 15, at 8:45AM
Drop Off Note... from the Teachers
What to Bring...
- Students should bring a backpack. This is a tool often used to send home information/homework from the classroom. The teachers noted having the backpack be a regular sized pack, not toddler size. The regular size makes it easier for papers to fit. Remember to check your child's backpack every day for important letters, notices, classwork.
- SNACK TIME:
- Please DO pack a healthy snack for your child(ren). They will have a chance to eat a little something at recess each morning. Make it something that they can easily manage on their own (easy open wrapping, containers with which they are familiar, etc.).
- Snacks and Lunch (after the assessment weeks) should be packed separately. The students will not leave this in their backpacks, but rather be asked to place them into a class snack basket (and lunch basket).
- General Tip: Label ALL clothing and personal items with a permanent marker. This will become more important as the year progresses. : )
- Good Idea: No toys are to be brought to school. This can be disruptive and problematic in the classroom setting. Thank you.
Where Do I go Next?
Parent Welcome Coffee
Kindergarten Assessment sign-ups will be in the MPR during the 8:30 am welcome coffee.
After Tuesday morning coffee, the signups will be posted by each teacher's classroom door. The assessment schedule begins on Wednesday. It is a one on one assessment time (student & teacher), while parents wait outside the classroom.
End of the Day
If your child(ren) is in Room 1 or Room 2 pick up will be at the "backdoors". These are the doors closest to Anita Road. If your child is in Room 4, you will meet at the classroom door just inside the main hallway.
- Teachers need to see the parent/caregiver before letting a student leave.
- Please let the teachers know your Child's Name at Pickup until they get to know everyone.
12:15 PM - TK Dismissal at Room 15
Be Part of it All!
Being a Room Rep is a great help to the teachers and other families in your child's class. Consider signing up for some classroom specific help
Kinder Room Reps:
- Coleman – No Rep signed up yet…. Click Here to be the One
- Dascoulias - Christina DiLauro (email@example.com) [there is a second opening available].
- Lane - Amy Flanzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) [there is a second opening available].
Other grade level reps are listed on the Volunteer page if you are interested in seeing who the contact is for a specific classroom.
Most everything you need to know about what's going on at Washington will be emailed to you through the Roar on Thursdays. We try to repeat information at most once, making it essential to skim the Roar on a weekly basis. You'll also receive The Week Ahead on Sundays, which is a calendar listing of what's happening the next week at Washington.
You will also receive occasional communications from your Room Representative and classroom teacher. More info to follow soon… just heads up when it arrives so you know what it is all about. J
Once you have access, you will also be able to use this as an online directory to contact other Washington Families. This year there will also be a Mobile App available.
Keep your eyes open...