Peter the Great
By Leslie Torres
- Peter learned responsibility at a quick age taking the throne at only 10 years old.
- Due to the fact that he did not have much education he was a very curious person.
- Peter was intrigued by all the new technology around that he became even more curious and got involved and took it upon himself to do things that were related to technology.
- He brought all the Russians under his control
- Peter put landowning nobles to serve the state in civilian or military positions.
- He ended the seperation between noble men and women
- Passed laws making sure that nobles keep hsaving control over their lands
- he forced serfs to become laborers
- Westernized Russia
- Forced people to be laborers and work on roads, tunnels,and cannals
- Ensuring that nobles wuld keep their land