The Colt Classified
November 16, 2020
Congratulations to our NJHS Inductees!
- Grace Farnum
- Kiera Roll
Congratulations scholars! We are proud of you!
Congratulations to October Saints of the Month
The following students were recognized by their teachers as demonstrating qualities of St. Francis of Assisi whose one rule was to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow in his footsteps:
Sylvia Aguewke, Theodore Armaos, Audrey Bauer, Mary Merle Beauchamp, Elliott Blessington, Brees Boneau, Cristina Boone, Gilberto Conejo, Emery DeMontel, Xavier Duffy, Joseph Galligan, Stacia Garza, Matthew Harris, Araiya Hutchinson-Hall, Gabriella LaBarrie, Jaise Lee-Alridge, Mariah Lerma, Paulo Moguel, Enrique Munoz-Torres, Michelle Nguyen, Nicolaas Tavarez
Some families may plan to travel during the upcoming holiday week. We would like to share the guidance below from Harris County Public Health. We pray that everyone remains safe and well.
General guidelines for any travel within the U.S. would be to check each state’s cases in the Last 7 Days. This is a great resource to see the numbers of new cases per 100K in each state before making travels plans.
For travel outside the U.S., please refer to the CDC’s international travel recommendations by destination.
Regardless of travel destination, the below are guidelines to be followed by all travelers:
- Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
We have been very fortunate that we have not had any confirmed COVID 19 cases on campus. However, we know that cases are on the rise in our country and specifically here in Texas. As we approach the winter months and what is predicted to be a very active flu season, we would like to remind you of our Re-admission Criteria for all students and staff returning to school after being ill or showing any of the following COVID- 19 symptoms:
- cough, congestion, runny nose
- shortness of breath or fatigue
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- feeling feverish
- nausea or vomiting
The faculty and staff are fully committed to providing a safe learning environment. We understand that these guidelines can be inconvenient, but we appreciate your cooperation as we all work together to keep our entire community safe and well.
The mandatory Re-admission Criteria, listed in our CCCS Guide to Safety and Success, which is posted on RenWeb reflect information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (Texas DSHS) and in accordance with updated guidance from the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops Education Department (TCCB ED), the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and our local government and county health departments.
Join us for Family Dine- December 1st - Take Out Service
Hats off to our PreK 3 & 4 class for their bulletin board honoring our Veterans!
Please take a moment to look at these members of our Colt community who have served our country. Our thanks and prayers to all of our Veterans.
Steps for Students
Our Steps for Students team is growing! Have you registered yet? #RunWithTheColts #InThisTogether
Free Whataburger Jr. coupon for anyone who registers by Thursday, November 19th!
The Fund for Corpus Christi Catholic School
Corpus Christi Catholic School flourishes because of the support and generosity of alumni, families, friends and many more.
Each gift on #GivingTuesday, December 1st is an investment in our future. Please give generously to the Fund for CCCS on December 1st #GivingTuesday
Facebook and Twitter Posts
Support CCCS with AmazonSmile
Simply shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/74-6025431 and AmazonSmile will donate to Corpus Christi Catholic School, at no cost to you.
- For a vaccine to end the COVID 19 Pandemic
- For all researchers, doctors and essential personnel working tirelessly during the COVID 19 Pandemic
- For God's continued healing of Father Tom
- For God's healing of Alicia LaBarrie, mother of Gabriella (3rd)
- For God's healing of Ricky Gomez, uncle of Gabriella (3rd)
- For God's healing of Mary Gomez, aunt of Gabriella (3rd)
- For God's healing of Emmielou Blessington, grandmother of Elliott (5th)
- For God's continued healing of Lydia Salazar, grandmother of Nicolas Reyes (6th)
- For God's healing of Mrs. McMorran's (3rd) mother
- For God's healing of Mr. Bill Nelson
- For our neighbors to the east who have been impacted by Hurricanes Laura and Delta
- For all the intentions we each hold in our hearts