@ IE Business School
VENTURE CAPITAL - A PROGRAM FOR INVESTORS AND ENTREPRENEURS
This 3 day intensive program is one of the most exciting and challenging asset classes. It is an essential tool to convert groundbreaking ideas into successful companies that can change the world, generating employment, innovative services and products, and ultimately, social prosperity. Entrepreneurs can find excellent allies in VC investors that take an involved approach, providing guidance, expertise, capital, and network to maximize the potential for success.
Our last edition brought together an international mix of entrepreneurs, investors, business angels, consultants, and CEOs , who were able to learn from our expert professors, and guestspeakers, as well as from one another.
We are looking forward to welcoming another great group of venture capital enthusiasts this coming June, we hope to see you there too!
VENTURE CAPITAL: INVESTING IN HIGH-GROWTH COMPANIES
The aim of this course is to offer a framework of the venture capital deal cycle and all its critical elements, and to help sharpen your analytical and decision-making skills to prosper in the Venture Capital business. Through lectures, case studies, a role play, and enriching group discussions, you will be equipped to navigate successfully through the stages of the deal process, including identifying opportunities, negotiation strategy, valuation and structuring techniques, portfolio management, value creation and exit strategies.
What can you expect?
If you are an investor, the program is designed to help you:
• Understand the key drivers in the VC market
• Screen early-stage investments to discover high-growth potential opportunities
• Acquire essential valuation techniques
• Understand non-financial factors affecting valuation
• Learn about the key term sheet clauses (vesting, corporate governance, etc.)
• Ensure effective and ongoing due diligence
• Pricing and structuring the financing of the deal
• Negotiate the best terms and understand their financial implications in the shareholder’s
agreement to avoid costly mistakes
• Understand key issues in portfolio management in order to maximize returns
• Foster value creation by building a constructive relationship with management
• Explore different exit strategies (IPO, trade sale, secondary buy-out, partial exit, multiple rounds) and their implications
If you are an entrepreneur, the program will help you to:
•Approach early-stage investors with confidence and maximize your fund-raising chance
• Understand what VC investors search for when assessing a deal
• Learn about the critical stages in a VC deal
• Improve negotiation skills in order to obtain the best terms
• Identify potential risks and critical issues when negotiating a deal and avoid costly mistakes
• Successfully get through a due diligence process
• Understand the financial implications of the terms in the shareholder’s agreement
• Build a relationship with investors that will foster value creation
Dates: 2nd-4th June 2014
Location: IE Business School
c/ Serrano 99-101