Ohio Graduation Requirements
District Considerations, Local Seals & More
Workshop Overview & Description
Ohio law enacted new, permanent graduation requirements that are available for the classes of 2021 and beyond. This session is designed to provide attendees with an overview of the new expectations, published ODE guidance, and other resources as they plan to solidify local pathways for future graduates.
The session will include round-table discussion and the sharing of resources to assist with your analysis of the new requirements, possible local seal criteria, and other essential details. Our round-table discussions will focus on:
- Exploring local seals and parameters to obtain local seals in your district
- Alternate pathways for graduation
Primary Takeaways & Session Objectives:
- Better understanding of the graduation requirements
- Ideas for setting expectations/parameters to obtain local seals in your district
- Clarification for any other questions that might be posed
This is a FREE Event - Advance Registration is Required - See Below.
Essential Details for Your Records
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Amos Memorial Public Library, Sidney, Ohio
Room #: Community Room
Contact Hours: 3
Cost: $0 (Free Event)
Target Audience: Superintendents, District Administrators, High School Principals, School Counselors, Career Readiness Coordinators, and other Leadership Team Members
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REVIEWED IMPORTANT INFORMATION & REMINDERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS EMAIL BEFORE REGISTERING.
THE ESC WILL ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS INFORMATION.
About the Faculty:
This session will be facilitated by the MRESC's Instructional Services team:
- Roberty Batty
- Gina Rogers
- Dave Shellhaas
Questions about Session Content? Please send questions about the session to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & REMINDERS
Friday, Nov. 8th, 9am-12pm
230 East North Street
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign-in, find the room, and get settled.
Where should I park? Please park in the lot located on the "west side" of the library.
- If you are standing in front of the main entrance to the building, the parking lot is located at the far left side of the library. You will need to enter through the doors connected to the west parking lot.
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note taking materials, laptop, and writing utensils with them to the session.
- *if your laptop does not maintain a charge, please bring a power strip and extension cord with you to the session.
Weather Contingency Policy: Participants should plan to arrive unless they receive a formal “CLOSURE / CANCELLATION” email from the Midwest Regional ESC on the morning of the event. Unless the County Sheriff closes the roads, we plan to move forward with the event. District cancellations or delays will not necessarily impact this event.