Asia Country Profile
India- Megan Kostrova-Weyers
- Capital- New Delhi
- Population- 1.27 Billion
- Type of Government- Federal Republic
- Leaders Name- Pranab Mukherjee
- Type of Currency: Indian Rupee
- Currency compared to the dollar: $62.07
- GDP per capita: $4,000 U.S. dollars
- GDP rank in the world: India is 10th in the world
- Life expectancy: 64- male 68- female
- Official languages: Hindi, English
- Type of economy: capitalist economy
- Successful or not: I think they are successful because their GDP is high considering their population and being rated 10th in the world and certain countries that have a capitalist economy have a lower population and GDP per capita.
- How they could improve: I think India could improve their economy by creating higher paying jobs to help out families and parents. They could also help parents with education for their kids, child support, and health care.
Gateway of India
The Gateway of India is a monument built during the British Raj in Mumbai in India. This monument overlooks the Arsbian Sea and it is 26 meters high.
The Taj Mahal is a white marble building built by Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
The Red Fort
The Red Fort came to existence during the Mughal emperor of India for about 200 years, until 1857. This is located in the center of New Delhi, around many museums.
Gateway of India
- The British take over
In 1858, the British overthrow the Indian Moguls and take over.
2. Gaining Independence back
In 1947, the Indians gain control back from Britain and split into two countries, India and Muslim controlled Pakistan.
3. India discovers nuclear weapons
India is one of the first seven countries countries to test nuclear weapons.