Library Reading Resources
Find resources below to encourage continuous reading!
Sugar Hill Elementary "Feed & Read" Curbside Pickup
While you are learning virtually, are you interested in curbside pickup for your lunch and library books?
Sugar Hill Elementary is offering a “Feed & Read” Curbside Service for you.This means you can pick up school lunch AND books from the media center in one visit! Details about time and days can be found by clicking on Feed & Read Curbside Pickup.
A couple of things to know about curbside pickup:
- Media Center Book Pickup: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00-12:30 (NEW TIME)
- Lunch Pickup: Monday-Friday from 11:00-12:30 (NEW TIME)
- Please be sure your child's first and last names are in your car window.
- Follow the bus lane to the front of the school.
- Mrs. Teems, Dr. Doker, and Mrs. Lant will be wearing mask to deliver lunch and books to you. You will not be getting out of your car.
- Bring any media center books to return from the previous week.
- Click on "How to Hold Books Through our Media Catalog" to learn how to hold your books through Destiny so your books can be ready on your pickup day. Let's be kind to others and remember to pick a variety of books, not 2-3 books from the same series so we can share popular books with others.
Looking forward to providing lunch and getting books to our awesome Sugar Hill readers!
Our Little Free Library
Located just outside the school (in the car rider lane) is our "little library" of books for your child. Although this resource is limited and not digital, the Little Free Library is available for those students who like to hold a book while reading! We are monitoring it weekly to add to the box as needed.
Gwinnett County Public Library Curbside Services
Libraries are expanding in-person services starting
Monday, September 14th
We're excited to announce that we are expanding our in-person services and are on the path to restoring all services. Starting Monday all branches will be open for computer use and browsing. We will continue to offer curbside holds pickup. With COVID-19 being an ongoing concern we continue to monitor the situation and will have measures in place for the health and safety of staff and customers. Here's what you can expect:
- Hours of operation will be reduced (same as curbside pickup): Monday-Saturday: 10am-5pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm.
- Learning labs, meeting/conference rooms and quiet rooms will remain closed.
- Open Access (Lawrenceville and Suwanee branches) will not be available.
- To help with social distancing, some furniture and devices will be unavailable.
- Masks REQUIRED for entry.
Online Research Library: Databases via eClass
Online Research Library: Mackin eBooks
eBooks via Media Catalog
SORA by OverDrive
GWINNETT COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (GCPL)
Of course, the Gwinnett County Public Library has numerous resources available for you, too! Your child's Branch Out Account gives them access to a multitude of online resources through the GCPL. Your child is automatically enrolled in Branch Out as a part of GCPS unless you opted out.
With your Branch Out account, you can access eBooks and Audiobooks through GCPL. This is an easy resource that students can use from any device once you've downloaded the Libby APP. Once the APP opens, click that you do not have a library card. Select Gwinnett County Public Library. Your child simply signs in with his/her student number and birthday (MM/DD). The Libby App gives students access to Kids, Teens, and Spanish Collections. They can place holds or immediately checkout eBooks and audiobooks.
Also, on the Gwinnett County Public Library page, your child can scroll down the main page, and click on "Digital Resources." Then scroll until you get to e.readkids. Popular books, like Guts and Diary of a Wimpy Kid are available as E-books and e-audiobooks! You can also download an APP called Axis 360 on your device to use these books. To access e.readkids, your child will need to be a part of Branch Out and use his/her student ID number and birthday month/year (MM/DD).
Students can get virtual academic help from the library's tutor.com. They can assist with various subject areas and some areas offer help in Spanish. If students have a Branch Out account, they can log in using their student number and birthday (MM/DD). Click on GCPL and scroll down to tutor.com to get started. Click here for an overview of how to use Tutor.com. In addition, click on Course Listings to see courses offered.
Also, this resource is available at the Gwinnett County Library. Simply click on Gwinnett County Public Library Digital Resources. Then scroll alphabetically to the bottom until you get to TumbleMath. Click on it. Your child will use his/her student number and birthday (MM/DD) to use this resource.